Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Koi Show (September 30 - October 1, 2006)

Sacramento Koi Show (September 30 - October 1, 2006)

Planning is well under way for the upcoming Sacramento Koi Show. This year we are hoping to have Pond Builders and Garden Clubs as well a continuing Vendor Faire. This year’s event will be held at Jones Hall at the Placer County Fairgrounds on September 30 – October 1, 2006.

Over the last several years the club’s Koi Show has grown slowly and steadily. Last year one of the features that was added to the event was sponsorships of some of the costly items that Camellia Koi Club has itself funded when previously putting on a Koi Show. Some of the items that were sponsored last year included the event site, the Major and Minor Awards, all of the meals at the Koi Show Site, the after event Pizza Party, ads in the Koi Show Program booklet as well as donation items for a raffle and Koi Auction.

In 2006, we are expanding the sponsorship opportunities by offering various levels of sponsorship. The sponsorship levels are Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Vendor Booth. Each level offers the sponsor and Camellia Koi Club various benefits.

Discussions have been held with a Vendor about coming in as a Pond Builder, with more potential Pond Builders to be approached. Garden Clubs participation are in the works also.

So as you can tell lots of work on the Sacramento Koi Show, Pond Builders, Garden Club and Vendor Faire event has taken place.

I will soon be posting a copy of the Sponsor Opportunities package and the Entrants’ Package in the Club News and Updates Section.

Looking forward to another GREAT time at the show with Koi Kichi types from all over!

However, as the saying goes “We Have Only Just Begun”.
    GarryC

Camellia Show was pretty cool last year....Garry, who are you getting to judge the show this year?

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Camellia Show was pretty cool last year....Garry, who are you getting to judge the show this year?
    Just heard through the grape vine that a very special "Japanese Judge" will be head of the Judging committee. We'll see if my source was correct.

Details are still being worked out with the Judges, but someone is very warm!

A little birdie told me but I don't want to steal Garry's thunder!!LOL

I am pleased to announce that Steve Eckard (yes, he is known as SteveE to K-B) has agreed to be Co-Chair this year. He has been coming in tune with the nuts and bolts of this event. Steve also has experience in putting on Air Shows in the Redding area. Jerold Kyle, Camellia’s President has agreed to be the event’s Vendor Coordinator.

Yeah, but Garry still has to put together the entire Judging Team.
    Once all of the Judging Team has been put together, an annoucement will be made identifying all of the Judge's.

Corporate Sponsor of the Sacramento Koi Show

The campaign to bring in sponsors for the Sacramento Koi Show began at the end of January with the Valley of the Sun Koi Club’s annual Koi Show held as part of the Chinese New Years celebration in Phoenix, Arizona, then continuing with the Koi Club of San Diego’s Annual Koi Show, then moving to the Zen Nippon Airinkai Southern California Chapter’s Annual Koi Show in Gardena, CA, the Annual PS Koi Spring Event in Martinez, CA, and the All Bay Area Koi Show in Pleasanton, CA. There have also been mailings to previous events’ vendors/sponsors.

I am pleased to announce that Peters & Sons Koi & Pond Supply of Martinez, CA. has committed to being a Platinum Level Sponsor; this is the exclusive Corporate Sponsor of the Sacramento Koi Show. Please help me in Thanking Russell and Kari.

Head Judge

It is my pleasure to announce that TOSHIO SAKAI (aka Matsunosuke) will be the Head Judge for the Sacramento Koi Show, Garden Club, Pond Builders and Vendor Faire, September 30, 2006-October 1, 2006.

Very Cool! should be a cool event for sure.. Nice going on Toshio!

Joe

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast