Just wanted to pass along our success story.

We have a large pond, and this year we were over run with string algae. The more I pulled out it seemed the faster it grew. It got to the point where the bottom drains were plugging off. After a couple of trips to the bottom of the pond to clear the string algae, I decided we have to do something different. The twice daily cleaning of the filters and the 3 or 4 times the normal dosage of koi clay wasn't doing a thing to the string algae.

Believing our mechanical filtering and biological filtering was adaquate, I decided to try barley straw extract, used it as recommended and in 4 to 6 weeks we had no string algae at all.

I'm not one that believes much in snake-oil cures, but the barley straw extract did exactly as advertized. I am a believer.