Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mulberryjen's new Kohak....

Jumbo
    Very nice looking fish.

Yes, life is very good sometimes.

Yesterday was a pretty darn good day - cool new koi, started my trickle tower, and quit my job (Mike & I are finally opening our own kitchen design business.) Now getting a few days off for a Japan trip at the right times just became possible. Gonna have to sell alot of kitchens - heheheh

Dick, thanks for the book recommendation. I love a good read and will definitely pick up a copy. Just finished re-reading a couple of my favorites (C.S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower maritime series (10 of them, well 11 really) and K.M. Peyton's Flambards, which was a series on public TV that I loved when I was a kid.

Mike used to tease me when we were still dating about finding a girl who didn't have so many books b/c he used to have to help me move all the time. Little did he know he'd also have to dig ponds, buy every hosta variety I can find, and listen to me carry on about koi all the time....ah, the sacrifices we make for love.

Really like your newest addition Jen.

A bit off-topic, but here it goes:

you mentioned hosta's and ponds, and it reminded me what happened a few years ago. I was working on my pond when two couples came by and stopped. One couple was from the US, and the man loved the way my koi looked. He told me he had some koi at home, and we talked for almost an hour. They walked on, and some days later he returned. He told me he collected hosta's, and gave me a hosta he bought at the garden centre down the street. We talked some more, and before he left, I gave him a catalogue from a koi importer from Japan, with descriptions of the different varieties. Because of this I ended up being interested in hosta, and have a few different varieties. Wondering if the man now has more or better koi?!

Sorry to go off-topic.

Here is an updated pic of Jen's fish the "Kentucky Rose" a year later...From the beginning of the thread it measured 26cm(10inches) and now it measured 40cm(16inches)...

Last time I talked to Jen she was busy with the business and I hope I can send her her Kohak by this coming Dec.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mulberryjen's new Kohak....-7-16-2007jenskohak.jpg  

Good job Tonio with the growth. Very nice fish there Jenn, your lucky to have Tonio as a Godfather for it.
    I'm dropping Cocoy at your house for a while bro! For more growth........

Quote Originally Posted by cocoyboy View Post
    Good job Tonio with the growth. Very nice fish there Jenn, your lucky to have Tonio as a Godfather for it.
    I'm dropping Cocoy at your house for a while bro! For more growth........
    Thanks Bro...The growth is okay...I havent really been in tune with my pond since the new jobby job...I'll probably show the fish for Jen at the Camellia Show then send the fish on it's way to Kentucky...

I liked the follow up, was good to see the job you've done raising her. Really nice koi! thanks for posting the before and after.........

Very nice kohaku, good eye!

I can not wait to see her/him develop. Congradulations.

Got a chance to barrow a measuring tub from Champkoi today and wanted to measure Jen's Kohaku since it has been roughly 5 months and going into winter now here in Northern Cali. The fish started out with a very Kagura red and it seemed to mellow out to a more persimmon red now. Studying the bodyline it seems to have taken on more of a Sensuke body style than the more cigar shaped Matsunosuke that we are all familar with. The Shiroji has thickened up a bit, but still has the translusant look to it and well as the beni still has that elastic look. Hopefully going into the time of Gardena it will be atleast 21" an hopefully it will show well. The fish now measures 50cm or 19.5 inches...Sorry for the poor pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mulberryjen's new Kohak....-kentuckyrose.jpg  
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast