Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marie's Small School of Koi

Marie's Small School of Koi

Hi ya'all. Since I've been dinking around with the new camera I thought I'd show you a few pics of my finfolk.

The shiro utsuri is Sakai, the showa is Ogata, and then there's Jumanji the ochiba shigure stuffing his, er, her face...breeding unknown. Dealer knew but wouldn't tell me. The hi utsuri hiding in the top pic is Ogata (gotta get a better pic of Blurt--she's something else *S*), and the kumonryu butterfly is Kase. The mini kohak is one of the sarrassas I bred.

Marie
    Last edited by Sangreaal; 07-20-2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Ummmm.....
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Daihonmei
    That thar Showa has some promise..i thought you first wrote you had been drinking....it coulda been alot more fun

LOL! Luke...

Oh yeah, then fall into the pond after the camera... *chortle*

Thanks Luke. The showa is one of my favs. She's been growing like crazy. Her sumi is darkening up slowly, probably because she's growing so fast. Love to watch them change as they mature. The kumonryu was totally black with a white snout when I got him. What a fascinating variety...

Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal
    Hi ya'all. Since I've been dinking around with the new camera I thought I'd show you a few pics of my finfolk.

The shiro utsuri is Sakai, the showa is Ogata, and then there's Jumanji the ochiba shigure stuffing his, er, her face...breeding unknown. Dealer knew but wouldn't tell me. The hi utsuri hiding in the top pic is Ogata (gotta get a better pic of Blurt--she's something else *S*), and the kumonryu butterfly is Kase. The mini kohak is one of the sarrassas I bred.

Marie
    Marie,

I'm sorry to inform you but your "shiro utsuri" is actually a "shiro BEKKO". Still not a bad rep of this variety though i still prefer the Ginrin Showa. Looks like it has some promise.

Mike

*gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar
    Marie,

I'm sorry to inform you but your "shiro utsuri" is actually a "shiro BEKKO". Still not a bad rep of this variety though i still prefer the Ginrin Showa. Looks like it has some promise.

Mike
    Really? Even with the cute sumi squigglies on its face? How do you tell the difference between bekko and utsuri? I need to learn sumpin' every day!

I'm gonna go out and take a couple more pics. I didn't do Blurt (hi utsuri) any justice at all... You like Shiia the showa too? She was the first ginrin showa I've seen that I actually liked the addition of sparklies (sometimes they're just distracting on certain patterns).

Marie

a few more

Well, kinda hard to show the sumi on the shiro's face without bowling her. And Blurt, the hi utsuri is very hard to photograph because, true to her namesake, she blurts EVERYWHERE she goes.

And a couple more pics...

Smile

well Marie, when I first read your headline, I thought "Oh, that's interesting....someone has opened a small institution of learning regarding koi "....LOL!

Quess that's why they say a picture is worth a thousand words....

thanks for sharing your backyard "school" with us....

Jumbo
    Heck I thought she was starting a school on bloodlines and then I thought she was drinking with her camera. Man, can I read. Marie, some of your fish have funny fins. Your water looks nice.

Mickey the windowman

*dies laughing*

You guys are too much! *wipes laugh tears from the corner of her eyes* I can just see me drinking and trying to teach bloodlines that I know almost nothing about and then trying to explain away those funny finned fishies I gots from Japan....

Marie<----lightweight when it comes to drinking; one beer and you've got one funny female tipping into the pond LHAO all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mitten
    ...Your water looks nice.

Mickey the windowman
    You like that particular shade of emerald green? *G* Can't tell from the pics, but you can see the bottom. This was my attempt at seeding spirulina. Not sure if I like it or not, but the fish seem happy enough. I wanted the algae to grow on the liner, not make the water go Irish on me. It'll be gin clear by fall, one way or another.

Marie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast