Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Time Again: Central Florida Koi Show

It's Time Again: Central Florida Koi Show

Save the date: March 9 thru 11, 2007 in Orlando!

We had our kick-off planning meeting today. Lots of ideas for improvement were discussed. With the ZNA President's meeting being held at the show, we have a lot to do to prove ourselves worthy of being the first host outside of California... and everyone is energized to make it the best show yet.

[I learned there will be no KoiAmerica show in 2007. So, for koikeepers in the east, this is going to be the big one for the year.]

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Save the date: March 9 thru 11, 2007 in Orlando!

We had our kick-off planning meeting today. Lots of ideas for improvement were discussed. With the ZNA President's meeting being held at the show, we have a lot to do to prove ourselves worthy of being the first host outside of California... and everyone is energized to make it the best show yet.

[I learned there will be no KoiAmerica show in 2007. So, for koikeepers in the east, this is going to be the big one for the year.]
    No need to rub it in my face

Sansai
    Mike,

Same venue?

Yes, the International Drive Holiday Inn. We looked for a new location with more parking, but did not find as good a spot. Having the outdoor atrium for the vendors, with readily available water and electric, adjoining meeting rooms and the ability to put up a tent to cover the show in case of rain, etc.... plus the convenience of attendees being just an elevator trip from their rooms to the show... and it is affordable. So, it stays at the same venue.

Mike, the Holiday Inn is a nice spot Your right the Atrium adds a nice feeling and the Night life is also an added bonus... I do have to say your on top of it for plugging the show..

I prolly won't make it this year as I have many trips planned to Japan this year.. But to anyone thinking about going should not think and just go.. I have met many Koi Kichi hobbyists and the show is never short of Vendors and Educational seminars. The koi also don't take a backseat. I think this show has the best overall quality for eastcoast show.. Sorry to hear that Koi America won't be held in 2007..

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Nice to hear that the enthusiasm is high....These days in many circles volunteers/workers have been burnt out thru over use and it gets harder every year to pull a show off. so it's encouraging to hear that you have a nice venue
    and the hands to pull it off.

For those of you maybe new to the hobby and not too sure if your ready to show, I sure hope you'll do yourself a favor and volunteer to set up/ work one.
    you will find your knowledge will improve as to what to expect. Friendships will evolve faster among members and the workload will be so much easier among MANY HANDS. It seems no matter what clubs or organizations your a part of the more you give, the better you get back....

keep up the good work Mike....

??Correction?? ... On the Koiphen board it is being said that KoiAmerica 2007 is not cancelled. It has been decided that it will not be in Chantilly. Folks are looking at coming up with a plan. So, we can hope that those involved can pull it together and the Eastern U.S. will have a really big show next year after all.

Daihonmei
    KA '05 was in a great venue. But not much to do right around it....I was going to got o it again though...I hope they put it someplace as good....airport shuttle right to the show hotel.

MAKC has not yet held their 2006 Show -- much less finalized their plans for next year.

Give 'em a chance, folks. I have no doubt they'll come through on KA 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast