Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: My New Addition from PS Koi

Smile My New Addition from PS Koi

Well, my visit to the Sac Koi show was certainly truncated on Sunday, but I did get to see all the beauties gracing the show tanks and meet a few Koi-Bito-ites. Russ, Mike, Bill, Chris--it was such a pleasure to meet you! Wish I'd had more time and it had been less hectic at the end of the day. Sooo much to talk about and so many people yet to meet!

Had a blast at the PS Koi corner and couldn't get away from there until it was time to pack up and leave. *LOL* Anyway, a cute little 6-7" Sakai showa made it into the bowl and didn't look back:

(excuse the dust and smudges on the glass--funny how it doesn't show up until the flash goes off *L*)

It's going to be fun to watch this one develop and compare to my Ogata GR showa who is almost twice this size.

Thank you, Russ and Kari, for the beautiful new addition to my pond.

Marie

Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    Well, my visit to the Sac Koi show was certainly truncated on Sunday, but I did get to see all the beauties gracing the show tanks and meet a few Koi-Bito-ites. Russ, Mike, Bill, Chris--it was such a pleasure to meet you! Wish I'd had more time and it had been less hectic at the end of the day. Sooo much to talk about and so many people yet to meet!

Had a blast at the PS Koi corner and couldn't get away from there until it was time to pack up and leave. *LOL* Anyway, a cute little 6-7" Sakai showa made it into the bowl and didn't look back:

(excuse the dust and smudges on the glass--funny how it doesn't show up until the flash goes off *L*)

It's going to be fun to watch this one develop and compare to my Ogata GR showa who is almost twice this size.

Thank you, Russ and Kari, for the beautiful new addition to my pond.

Marie

You are welcome Marie, we are sorry that we were in such a rush at the end of the day, but as you can imagine Toshio and Miwa were very tired and we needed to get them back to Walnut Creek so they could rest before their trip back.

Russ

Nice looking fish! I love the blue eyes, even though I'm pretty sure thats just the camera flash...

Very nice Marie and congrats on the new koi kid! Russ does have some very niiice ones! Looking forward to next year in Portland and what he brings!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bloch View Post
    Nice looking fish! I love the blue eyes, even though I'm pretty sure thats just the camera flash...
    Camera flash? What? Did you not see that tank of koi with beaming headlight eyes? It was amazing. Lit up the whole pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamianth View Post
    Very nice Marie and congrats on the new koi kid! Russ does have some very niiice ones! Looking forward to next year in Portland and what he brings!
    Thank you Kathy! Good thing they were in a hurry to pack up, otherwise there may have been a few of those awesome budo goromos in my QT right now.

Did you make the show or are you locked into proximity like I am? I wanna know how many people I missed by being late...maybe next year I can be Marie-Come-Early...and maybe next year I'll be able roam further than Sac and make the shows from Portland to LA. Fat chance, but hope springs eternal.

Marie

Very interesting Showa. In Showa if you could get all 3 colors on the head it would be perfect, but we dont have that with this fish. The 3 colors on the head give the Showa the name "Showy or Flash"...It commands presence. The fact that the Showa lacks little beni on the face would make me pass on it. The overall quality looks good, but in pattern it doesnt push it over the top so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Very interesting Showa. In Showa if you could get all 3 colors on the head it would be perfect, but we dont have that with this fish. The 3 colors on the head give the Showa the name "Showy or Flash"...It commands presence. The fact that the Showa lacks little beni on the face would make me pass on it. The overall quality looks good, but in pattern it doesnt push it over the top so to speak.
    Thank you Tonio. I really enjoy your critiques and please keep them coming! I chose this one due to the complexity of its sumi. Many of the others in the same size looked really finished in that regard and my intent is to watch the sumi rise and take note of the development, which seemed to be slower in comparison to the others, but faster than my Ogata gr showa. That, and its conformation. It was a bit more like an utsuri build--heavy in the shoulders and short-coupled. I want to see how this turns out too. I'll post changes as they occur so we can all watch which way this koi goes.

Where were you Sunday afternoon? *squinches up lips and wags finger at him*

Marie

Yes, its the proximity thing! Portland was the first show ever to roam, and I really enjoyed it! I'm going to try for Roseburg and Portland next year, and maybe get my feet wet and try one of my longfins in show... Maybe.. I've a lot to do next spring and summer, pond rebuild & patio add will be going on, so its going to be make time to go. And of course, thats when I generally get at least one, sometimes two new Koi kids. I don't have winter QT facility's (yet LOL)

I envy you the new baby, my qt tanks are empty for now!
    ~Kathy