Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvest Time at the Nisei Koi Farm

Mike-

We find if conditions are stable in their new environment you can assess and treat as necessary. Keeping treatments specific to infection ensures eradication of the identified parasite upon primary treatment. Unnecessary treatments can result in higher mortality rates when the correct treatment is applied. Equally important- treatments are expensive!

Dick-
    We can't complain over the weather, bit cool for growing, but has stayed dry enough for us to continue our 2 current construction projects! Additional systems in one greenhouse and an extreme makeover in another! On another note, did you see the young blue in post #23, or is Dan correct- it's GoSankeD now??

More Pics to come this weekend, our 555 Event harvest is this Saturday!

Lots of 555 pics, please. I studied those pics so much that I'm as interested in ones I did not get as the ones I did.

Jumbo
    Ross,

There was asagi in the bowls in post #27 also, wasn't there?

See you this weekend. There is snow on branches here this morning. Still had my sandals on yesterday. Global warming is turning out to be unpredictable.

Might plans change because of weather or is it full ahead no matter?

Mickey the windowman

Ross, -thanks for the reply on a few loose ends.....the extreme make over mention caught my attention...so I'll look forward to learning about that.

I love my asagi, always will be first in my heart and yes I love gosanke as well. Quess If i had to choose between the two names I'm referred to, I'd go with the blues.....this year I'm hopeful to find a Ochiba or maybe a shusui.
    Yes i did see the asagi in that photo and i thought it was a good one......

Glad to hear the weather is co-operating this year and you have greenhouses to put production into....but after last year , ya gotta be looking over your shoulders to see what's coming cause it all can't be that smooth!
    Looking forward to spending some time together Ross.......

Sansai
    Ross, "Gosanke Dick" just under the surface, say subconsious level he lurks!

for those following this thread and don't know it...Dan ( and Sharon ) are some of my best koi friends in Spokane...and Dan coined the name "gosanke dick" after my selection of a sanke and kohaku last fall at Nisei Koi farm for growth in the mud this year. ( and yes I admitt I'm anxious to see them come out) Enjoying this hobby is what it's all about and this couple has certainly helped me to do that with a little good natured "name calling"......actually I'm surprised my koi kichi has time to rib me as he's busy packing to earn his new moniker..."japan dan".......

Sansai

Smile

Wow, "Japan Dan", should be "grasshopper dan", still have a long way to go!

Looking forward to our Japan trip, Agnes has emailed our schedule, we are going to be very busy for a few short days. I had to laugh, Sharon said she will hang Miwa and the koi while the rest of us do the sight seeing. Never guess the where the spirit of koi resides in our household!

Ross, new house yes, choices between light fixtures or light bulbs or new koi? We will see what you bring out of the mud ponds this year, maybe light bulbs and new koi. The whole gang from the (as JR puts it) left coast are really getting excited, Dick really gave out many pearls of wisdom to our workshop group last Saturday so now they will be armed with partially educated eyes.

"555" harvest this weekend, hope that gin rin tategoi I picked out looks like a winner. Really used the old imagination when I picked it out.

Dan

well take lots of pictures dan for sharon while on your sightseeing excursions. If sharon didn't strictly hang around the koi, it would be totally out of character.....anxious that Greg and Judy have a GREAT trip. he's done an excellent job of upgrading his koi pond! Wish i was going with you guys....

Ross? ....Ross! .....ROSS!

...I know, it's Saturday night and you're exhausted from dragging nets all week, but .... got any pics? I'll be waiting all night....

[Tonight is Florida vs Auburn. The hated Gators against my daughter's Tigers. I may be a 'nole, but gotta say: WAR EAGLE! ]

mike, just got an email from a friend in the Carolinas that I hand selected a toshio sakai kohaku for this spring. Came out of his home mud pond at 24 inches today. Color just as nice as when it went in at 11 inches.....these are exciting times and in 2 more weeks, we won't have to ask Ross to post pics, we'll be there to see em come out! I love picking out koi for folks, it's a challenge but rewarding when they grow like his did!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast