Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back in the Land of the rising sun!

I have to add text in order to upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the Land of the rising sun!-takano-1.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-1.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-2.jpg  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by koinut View Post
    I have to add text in order to upload.
    Nice Koi, I especially like the Budo Goromo, but the shiro utsuri are nice, im not a fan of the big Shiroji gap though. the one that is between the dorsal fin and the head

adding more text to let me upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the Land of the rising sun!-ochiba.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-yagenji-1.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-takano-2.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-kikusui.jpg  

Banned
    adding more text to let me upload.
    That Ochiba is my cup o' tea.

These are the last of todays pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the Land of the rising sun!-ginrin-shiro-utsuri.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-kin-showa-1.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-kumonryu-3.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-kumonryu-4.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-3.jpg  

Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-4.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-5.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-6.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-7.jpg   Back in the Land of the rising sun!-shiro-utsuri-8.jpg  

I hope you guys enjoy the pictures. I'll post more as time goes on. I'll try to take more landscaping pics of the mountains also. Such a big improvement from last year. Some of the buildings that were ruined from the earthquake still all haven't been demolished, but it's nice to see the mudponds with water in them again.

Rob

[quote=lilhelper;63356]LOOK AT HIM, GETS TO GO TO JAPAN AN ALL!!!!
    MOMOTARO SANKE IS DOING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you think you could humor me a bit about its Bloodline and genes?[/quo

Unfortunately, the bloodline on this koi was not certified, so it would not be wise for me to tell you the background of that particular sanke. What I can tell you is that, it is probably of Magoi bloodline (Matsunosuke). The tendency of that particular gene pool has the ability to grow very large in the right conditions. It's also said that good sanke is probably the hardest to achieve than the other gosanke. I've seen his sanke go from almost no sumi to a lot of sumi in a years time, and ironically, has done the opposite. For me to tell you how the koi will turn out would be saying that I am an expert. Even the breeders themselves play a guessing game, and that's why they have tategoi. The breeders do however know a whole lot more about the tendencies of there bloodline than anyone of us can say. All I can tell you is that if you keep the koi, take pictures and document them so you can check the progress of that particular koi.

Rob

Banned
    [quote=koinut;63373]
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhelper View Post
    LOOK AT HIM, GETS TO GO TO JAPAN AN ALL!!!!

Unfortunately, the bloodline on this koi was not certified, so it would not be wise for me to tell you the background of that particular sanke. What I can tell you is that, it is probably of Magoi bloodline (Matsunosuke). The tendency of that particular gene pool has the ability to grow very large in the right conditions. It's also said that good sanke is probably the hardest to achieve than the other gosanke. I've seen his sanke go from almost no sumi to a lot of sumi in a years time, and ironically, has done the opposite. For me to tell you how the koi will turn out would be saying that I am an expert. Even the breeders themselves play a guessing game, and that's why they have tategoi. The breeders do however know a whole lot more about the tendencies of there bloodline than anyone of us can say. All I can tell you is that if you keep the koi, take pictures and document them so you can check the progress of that particular koi.

Rob
    so its from sakai.
    I asked sakai san what he thought about the sanke, he said good, I dont know if this was to preserve my liking of the koi or to actually be honest about it.
    I guess I have a trash sanke, but the one good thing it has Magoi bloodline. I can then probably expect considerable growth then.

How long does it usually take for sanke to finish?

Honmei
    [quote=koinut;63373]
    Quote Originally Posted by lilhelper View Post
    LOOK AT HIM, GETS TO GO TO JAPAN AN ALL!!!!

Rob
    Breeders are not guessing when they pick out their tategoi. They pick the best quality to grow out. That does not mean they won't get a Shiro Muji from time to time. Toshio Sakai has the ability to tell you the future of any Koi you put in front of him. It takes a split second. No guessing.

Not directly from me. Someone else will be doing the imaging. I can't resize, and the forum will have nothing to do with 8 megapixels.
    Google to find out, you can download many for free....

--Dinh

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast