Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Water Gardens and Kodama Koi Farm Pair Up /Merged Thread

After several books and many years in the business..why would they want to ruin their reputation for a quick buck? I like to believe they will do things properly. They certainly have the experience for things to be done correctly...no excuses there.

[/quote] Hello Gloria,

First of all, we are not advertising, seeking, or promoting "franchise" stores at this time. The SEC strongly regulates what can, and can't be said about franchising. Right now, we are discussing the partnership of Russell Watergardens Flagship Store and Kodama Koi Farm and the creation of a new company called "Russell Watergardens Franchise Corporation". This new company is in the process of acquiring liceneses and/or registrations in all 50 states for the purpose of expansion through both franchising and corporate owned stores in 2007. We are in no way discussing, solicting or promoting franchise sales untill we are licensed to do so in all 50 states starting in early 2007. The posts on this forum are discussing future corporate stores only.
    In answer to your question.

Russell Watergardens products will be exclusively available through Russell Watergardens Stores and single corporate web site.
    BUT,
    Russell Watergardens Stores are not exclusive to Russell Watergardens products.

Our stores are for the benefit of the end users. If a customer wants a product from another manufacturer, we want them to get it from our store - and not send them down the road to get it. All non-proprietary products will pass a review board comprised of store managers - and each store will have the same products and services. If a store manager is partial to a particular product - they will submit it to the Corporate review board. Upon approval of the store managers, the product will be available in all our stores. This is to assure quality, and uniformity of the corporate system from coast to coast, and north to south.

Russell Watergardens Franchise Corporation focuses on unity, togetherness, teamwork, relationships, and mutual respect. We're in the "middle" of the water garden and koi pond industries. We believe that everyone should have a water feature - not matter what type of brand it is - as long as it is quality.

Russell Watergardens and the Kodama Koi Farm are breaking the chains of resentment and hostility between formats - and between manufacturers in both formats. It is no longer acceptable in this century to believe the outdated mantra of "you're either with us, or you're against us". Friendly competition is a good thing - but inflexibility and intolerance are not.

Russell Watergardens and Kodama Koi Farm, John Russell and Mamoru Kodama specifically, believe that the true method to harmony and balance is the act of working together coupled with education and understanding. Education at all levels will drastically reduce the lawsuits that are being filed around the country as a result of one-sided thinking - either one side or the other, and nothing in between.

Both the water gardening and koi industries have been polarized and entrenched in their beliefs and methods. But the truth of the matter is that both industries are good - as long as one is educated in both formats and understands the formats - or the Hybrids in between.

Russell Watergardens Stores opening across the United States in 2007 is the unity that both industries have been waiting for. A "team" approach in which everyone can and will learn from everyone - without ridicule, intolerance, or brow-beating. People of all backgrounds shaking hands together in mutual respect and friendship will replace individuals sticking their thumbs of intolerance up.

I'll try to be on the Forum more - but we are opening a new flagship store location that is more suitable for replication across the country, developing the training program, and of course developing new products - so my time in the office is very limited for the next few months.

Sincerely,
    John Russell[/quote]

I don't have an account but I cut and paste this from that board. Now reading this is seems they want to educate both sides of the hobby. You have to wonder how many of us got into the hobby. It was either aquariums and or water gardens. This fueled all of us to get in depth for koi and koi only.

Having said that what other sources are promoting people getting into ponding? It kind of a necessary evil if you ask me. In business you have to lead people to you door and then let them lead more educated in what they really want. If they don't come through the door more than likely they will go somewhere else and get wrong info. I am not a fan of rock bottom ponds but I am in favor of opening some sort of door to lead them through the tunnel where some of us came. Unfortunately the tunnel has many tolls along the way but in the end we all see the light..

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Jumbo

Kodama partnership....

Seems Kodama has gone into partnership with a water garden franchise. Good or bad for the hobby?

http://www.ippca.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...=asc&highlight=

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntiesue View Post
    Seems Kodama has gone into partnership with a water garden franchise. Good or bad for the hobby?

http://www.ippca.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...asc&highlight=
    This was a topic on Bito about a week or so ago. It got mixed reviews.

Sue, here is a link to the same topic

http://koi-bito.com/forum/showthread...ghlight=kodama

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Auntiesue View Post
    Bad. Very, very bad. Don

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    Bad. Very, very bad. Don
    Don

What makes you say that? Don't you think this will rock the Aquascapes world? Even just a little? If it's done right people won't be getting cesspools installed, they'll hopefully be getting something "closer" to a "koi pond" LOL

Mike

Jumbo
    I just don't see the two concepts melding together. They are each so very different. I haven't heard yet what their pond style will be. If they get away from the water garden style pond, then great, but I doubt that will happen. I will watch closely and see what they promote. Has anyone heard what these combined minds might offer?

One ray of hope...

The only possible good I see coming from this is for Kodama to take over educating their dealers/installers about proper Koi pond environments. Otherwise their reputaion will go straight down the tubes, right along with all those dead fish swimming in cesspools.
    (Can you imagine Momotaro dumping Bakki Showers and partnering up with ADI "as is" )

It's hard to say whether the two companies went looking for each other or were thrust upon each other. But, either way, you would expect a little of one to rub off on the other over time.

-steveh o

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast