Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Water Gardens and Kodama Koi Farm Pair Up /Merged Thread

The only possible good I see coming from this is for Kodama to take over educating their dealers/installers about proper Koi pond environments.
    Exactly... and that would be a "good" thing. I fear, however, that this is not the case. As noted in the announcement, and I quote;

"Mr. Mamoru Kodama personally approves and endorses each and every component manufactured by, and for, Russell Watergardens for the utmost in quality, workmanship, function, ease of maintenance, water quality, and Nishikigoi health and well being".

That statement alone makes me think it is a "bad" thing. Afterall, the Russell Watergarden system is a gravel bottom clone of ADI and the dozen or so other players feeding that market. This blanket statement of approval is most odd in my mind!

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Exactly... and that would be a "good" thing. I fear, however, that this is not the case. As noted in the announcement, and I quote;

"Mr. Mamoru Kodama personally approves and endorses each and every component manufactured by, and for, Russell Watergardens for the utmost in quality, workmanship, function, ease of maintenance, water quality, and Nishikigoi health and well being".

That statement alone makes me think it is a "bad" thing. Afterall, the Russell Watergarden system is a gravel bottom clone of ADI and the dozen or so other players feeding that market. This blanket statement of approval is most odd in my mind!

Kind Regards,
    Bill
    Ditto.........

The fly in the Ointment...

That's the same quote from the press release that bothered me MOST.

The typical Russell watergarden consists of filterfalls at one end and a skimmer at the other end. The shallow pond in between contains rocks, gravel, plants on ledges and lacks an effective bottom drain.

That 'Independent' Association is in Russell's pocket. They're the ones trying to buy off the owner in that koipond lawsuit Burt Ballou and Frank Morales are involved in.

I don't care if they get the Pope, himself, to bless their freaking components -- it's still a koi killing portapotty (not a koi pond).

And don't even think about arguing that they've made some improvements in the basic AquaScapes designs; that would be like arguing that Britney Spears represents a paradigm shift in morality from the low standards Madonna set.

Trash. All of 'em. Don
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Jumbo
    As a former customer of Kodama, I'm inclined to email him with my expressed displeasure re his involvement in this venture. I too feel it will be a diservice to the hobby unless they totally change their concept of what a koi pond is.

I can't imagine putting koi into this

That is the pond they taught their 2005 class of pond builders to build. That should increase sales at KKF. Rocks aside that pond is a heron all-you-can-eat buffet table.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Get in, Get out - GET PAID!!!!!!!!! That's what they teach in their seminars. They could care less about what the intentions for use of the end user is. We're in the process and will be tearing out another of these "one hit wonders"and installing a proper koi pond. That was what the customer wanted originally!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    The typical Russell watergarden consists of filterfalls at one end and a skimmer at the other end. The shallow pond in between contains rocks, gravel, plants on ledges and lacks an effective bottom drain.

That 'Independent' Association is in Russell's pocket. They're the ones trying to buy off the owner in that koipond lawsuit Burt Ballou and Frank Morales are involved in.

I don't care if they get the Pope, himself, to bless their freaking components -- it's still a koi killing portapotty (not a koi pond).

And don't even think about arguing that they've made some improvements in the basic AquaScapes designs; that would be like arguing that Britney Spears represents a paradigm shift in morality from the low standards Madonna set.

Trash. All of 'em. Don
    Don,
    Please tell us how you really feel, quit holding back.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    I can't imagine putting koi into this

That is the pond they taught their 2005 class of pond builders to build. That should increase sales at KKF. Rocks aside that pond is a heron all-you-can-eat buffet table.
    Jim
    What a nice porta potty. I have some frogs & turtles. I think that is a great home for them.

Daihonmei
    Nancy, PLEASE don't get me started. My reputation is damaged enough already! By the way, with floating plants, that is a great pond for newts.
    Has Kodama actually seen these things yet? His grow out pond in Chiba was something like 80,000 gallons??? Maybe he saw the picture and ,with the language barrier, thought it was for medicated dips?

JR

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast