Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 81 boxes!!!

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by dcny View Post
    I've seen some nice small gin rin koi but never a large one. This showa was large with excellent gin rin. I'm not sure the size. Joe, Antonio, do you guys know?
    Dan, this is our new baby!! Dick remembers about 28" or so, maybe a bit more.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures Dan!! So nice to see some of our babies. The other two won't be here for a bit yet. Will be very anxious to see how they matured while in the mud for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntiesue View Post
    Dan, this is our new baby!! Dick remembers about 28" or so, maybe a bit more.

Thank you so much for posting these pictures Dan!! So nice to see some of our babies. The other two won't be here for a bit yet. Will be very anxious to see how they matured while in the mud for the last year.
    Wow, you guys are not messing around! Way to go! It's probably the best gin rin I've ever seen. It's certainly the biggest.

Jumbo
    Wow, you guys are not messing around! Way to go! It's probably the best gin rin I've ever seen. It's certainly the biggest.
    We have another younger one here now that would knock your socks off as well. She's taken several young champ awards this year beating out some nice non-ginrin gosanke. Body to die for!! We are taking VERY GOOD care of her!! Got her from Kevin as well of course!!! I'm not a big fan of ginrin, but when a really nice showa comes along, it's hard to resist sometimes.

At the age and size of this new one is now, she should hold that ginrin for a while.

I've never been a fan of gin rin or doitsu either. Part of the reason was my understanding that they don't get very big or the quality goes down considerably when they get larger. Your new baby is making me rethink some things.

Jumbo
    I've never been a fan of gin rin or doitsu either. Part of the reason was my understanding that they don't get very big or the quality goes down considerably when they get larger. Your new baby is making me rethink some things.
    I think the trick is to purchased them after 3 years of age or so ... that way you can see if the "glitter" is going to hold or not. Most ginrin loose that "sparkle" as they grow and as the scale widens/gets larger the little facets (sp) which allows the light to glantz off starts to spread or flatten out and the light reflection just isn't there anymore.

I don't care for doits either, but that's just me. Although I do have one.

One of Kevin's customers met him to pick up a couple of his fish from the shipment. Here's is his kohaku. I got a couple of nice shots while it was still out in good light.
    That kohaku is off the hook, very nice fish!

We have another younger one here now that would knock your socks off as well. She's taken several young champ awards this year beating out some nice non-ginrin gosanke. Body to die for!! We are taking VERY GOOD care of her!! Got her from Kevin as well of course!!! I'm not a big fan of ginrin, but when a really nice showa comes along, it's hard to resist sometimes.

At the age and size of this new one is now, she should hold that ginrin for a while.

Sue, that last gin rin showa you got from Kevin how big is it now. The quality of that Gin Rin for that size was really really good.. You guys will have 2 gin rin showa? I think this one should stay in CAL

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by keokoi View Post
    Sue, that last gin rin showa you got from Kevin how big is it now. The quality of that Gin Rin for that size was really really good.. You guys will have 2 gin rin showa? I think this one should stay in CAL
    We'll be photographing and measuring the entire herd today so I'll let you know howmuch she's grown. She's added some length and her body is just so great!!! Such a pretty baby. She's only 2 1/2 now I think. She was really young when we got her last year.

Stay in CA? Perhaps in your pond? NOT!!! LOL

AuntieSue,

any chance on a topic with pictures of your koi? (Am I pushing it if I asked for old pictures so we can see the koi develop?????????)

Stay in CA? Perhaps in your pond? NOT!!! LOL
    That's true she might get spoiled...

Joe

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast