Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AKCA had a net loss of 7 clubs according to Board Minutes Last Month!

Sanctimonious Ass - BANNED

AKCA had a net loss of 7 clubs according to Board Minutes Last Month!

"Doug reported that we lost 8 clubs; now have 101 clubs in good standing," according to the AKCA board minutes. I saw no discussion of why there were these losses and would be curious as to reasons for the losses and where we can find a list of the actual 101 clubs.

http://www.akca.org/minutes/nov06.htm

The AKCA website has long stated there are 104 clubs:
    "There are 104 individual clubs across North America now registered to AKCA."

Interesting, but why not ask Doug Dahl, or another AKCA Board member that was there at the meeting, for more info b4 posting "news" like that?

And is it even important? It may not be once you find out the reason for "dropping out". Maybe they just haven't got their dues in yet, for example. Or there may be, and probably are, 7 different reasons. It could be that this happens every year, but the total number of clubs may be going up, down, or staying the same over time.

It wasn't noted in the "public minutes" why. Members of the association including everyone here is entitled to review the minutes and speculate are they not? Plus, if it is only worthy of private email, telephone, or in person disclosure why post such on the AKCA website?

I'm actually proud of the AKCA for openly allowing for consideration and discussion of organization business amongst those of us that are still in active clubs and otherwise.

Is it important you ask. I believe so. I don't know how many years one would have to go back to find such a loss. There were four clubs behind in dues according to an earlier month's posting. Seven clubs is nearly 10% of the total AKCA club membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Interesting, but why not ask Doug Dahl, or another AKCA Board member that was there at the meeting, for more info b4 posting "news" like that?

And is it that important? It may not be once you find out the reason for "dropping out". Maybe they just haven't got their dues in yet, for example. Or there may be, and probably are, 7 different reasons.

Honmei
    6.4814814%.............

Rounding
    Really though, will the problem take care of itself? Or maybe there is no problem. I still wonder which clubs those are. Should we know at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    6.4814814%.............

Never said it wasn't important, just that I wasn't sure if it was without more information. As a reporter, I know you are aware of what " a quote taken out of context" means. Extrapolation from incomplete information can easily get one off course significantly.

Again, please hear me when I say I am not saying it is not important or should not be "publicized" or posted. Just that IMHO it seems appropriate to consider looking at, or even for, the big picture. The information to complete the picture is probably available from the right sources. The AKCA Board and/or the individual clubs themselves.

That being said, until more information is gathered, you won't see me post on this subject again.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

So now I'm not only writing about something I shouldn't, but I'm accused of quoting out of context. While speaking with AKCA Director Bill Thompson tonight for our first December broadcast I'll ask his opinion and post his official position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Never said it wasn't important, just that I wasn't sure if it was without more information. As a reporter, I know you are aware of what " a quote taken out of context" means. Extrapolation from incomplete information can easily get one off course signifcantly.

Again, please hear me when I say I am not saying it is not important or should not be "publicized" or posted. Just that IMHO it seems appropriate to consider looking at, or even for, the big picture. The information to complete the picture is probably available from the right sources. The AKCA Board and/or the individual clubs themselves.

That being said, until more information is gathered, you won't see me post on this subject again.

Quote Originally Posted by koicluboftheair View Post
    So now I'm not only writing about something I shouldn't, but I'm accused of quoting out of context. While speaking with AKCA Director Bill Thompson tonight for our first December broadcast I'll ask his opinion and post his official position.
    That would have been the right thing to do to begin with. IMHO, responsible journalism is the key here!!

I know that the North Idaho Koi Keepers were a new add this month. There is growing interest in a club near Birdman in central oregon. I think that some give and take is inevitable. 6-7 % loss of a total is not bad or widespread.
    But It would be interesting to understand what caused them to fail so that steps could be taken to provide assistance. Also what would be of interest is in what geographic locale we were loosing these club, might tell us something.

Quote Originally Posted by koiczar View Post
    That would have been the right thing to do to begin with. IMHO, responsible journalism is the key here!!
    Ditto's...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast