Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some Random Pics of koi I took the other day

wonder why he doesn't take the photos down on fish that sold months ago

Sanctimonious Ass - BANNED
    Beautiful koi. Do you expect the sumi to migrate away from the caudal peduncle region on that shiro utsuri? We have one of similar appearance, but sightly smaller. Love'in them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi View Post
    I was over at kevin Phams the other day and we were checking fish out of Qt. A long process of checking for and visible hitch hikers and or injuries on the body of all koi. This process happens also before they are put inot QT. The post is just in case you miss anything. These were the bigger koi ranging from 21" on up. Something about big koi and trying to flip them over

I can tell you after the first couple of fish my hands were freezing. After a few I didn't feel a thing. I could barely pick up camera and push button.. LOL Enjoy!

sorry for some bad camera angles.. Too cold!

Joe

Looks like there is a speck of orange above the right eye in Dinh's picture. How much would this count against a Shiro Utsuri in a show?
    Mitch

anybody see the Tancho Showa ? what size ?

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    Looks like there is a speck of orange above the right eye in Dinh's picture. How much would this count against a Shiro Utsuri in a show?
    Mitch
    Yes, Mitch, there is a touch of orange right at the tip edge of her eye. DH didn't notice that when he chose her in Japan. But she's good everywhere else and as long as we do right by her and raise her up nice, she should do ok at a show. But yes, this will cause any judge concern ... we'll just have to make her the best in every other way. But her body and white is outstanding so if we do our part right, she should do well in shows. Shiro are bred down from showa so it doesn't surprise me when I see a speck of red on occassion.

Sue,
    It is but a small beauty mark for sure. I had a nice Shiro that had almost exactly the small thing, only it matched up on both eyes and looked kind of cool. It is proof that Showa blood flows in most all modern Shiro. As a learning experience it would be nice to hear from the judges on how they regard small blemishes, on an other wise excellent koi.
    Mitch

Sue
    Very nice shiro. I would not worry to much about the little speck of orange. I would bet on it going away, as the fish get older. We have a shiro that has won several major awards including Mature Champion at ZNA SoCal last year. She had 2 specks of orange at the tail tube. When judges questioned the Japanese judges about it, the Japanese judges told them... Look at the quality of this fish.. They told them we do not even see those 2 spots when looking at the shear beauty of this fish. We bought her 2 years ago, she is now 4 and since March of 2006 to October 2006 the 2 blemishes have both disappeared completely. And she is even more spectacular.

Again very nice shiro

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Sue
    Very nice shiro. I would not worry to much about the little speck of orange. I would bet on it going away, as the fish get older. We have a shiro that has won several major awards including Mature Champion at ZNA SoCal last year. She had 2 specks of orange at the tail tube. When judges questioned the Japanese judges about it, the Japanese judges told them... Look at the quality of this fish.. They told them we do not even see those 2 spots when looking at the shear beauty of this fish. We bought her 2 years ago, she is now 4 and since March of 2006 to October 2006 the 2 blemishes have both disappeared completely. And she is even more spectacular.

Again very nice shiro

I agree Nancy, Pattern blinds the eye. This fish has far more better qualities than a small speck. That will fade but if it doesn't the overall quality will over power it. Nice fish SUE!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by moikoi View Post
    anybody see the Tancho Showa ? what size ?

I think that Showa is spoken for... I will get a measurement today...

Joe

Sue . . .

what Nancy and Joe said! Your husband's picked well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast