Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen anything like this?

Tosai
    I'm thinking abscess to. It happened to on of my koi last year and she healed up fine with baytril and debride. Actually, i applied bee propolis to it and that seemed to work faster than the debride.

Is it possible that she ate a bee and got stung and had a reaction?

Nancy,

That looks suspiciously like an abcess. My larger kohak developed one on her jaw like your girl as a result of a pucture wound. It was quite hard when it was at its biggest. It never erupted and drained (well, at least not on the outside of her cheek), but it did go down slowly and the area looks fine--no real disfigurement. I did not medicate, so cannot advise on what antibiotic to use if indeed yours is an abcess as well. Here's what she looked like as mine healed after injury (she was really torn up as you can see by the white scars on her beak):

Good luck and hope everything turns out well,

Marie
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

Banned
    I hope someone can help your fish. I know how it feels to have something that is sick. but no where near of a fish that is this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by lildude View Post
    I had a skin abscession in my ear once, it hurt and it swelled my entire ear up. It hurt so bad. I had to put a topical antibiotic inside my ear. in a couple days it was gone.

so basically all these koi have a zit or pimple. Eww I know its gross.

What is this comment based on? I think I will refer to those who have been in the field for a little longer than yourself.

Banned
    I really hope your fish regains its health. My deepest condolences.

Do just that then, no one is stopping you. Please leave me alone gail, I dont want any problems. I am a recognized and friendly member here. Many people appreciate my company. I most definetly slip from time to time, but I am determined to learn from the mistakes that I can identify that I have made, Despite past troubles I like them all. I dont need someone who will pick me apart for everything, afterall I am a kid, even though Im 17, Im human, and most importantly, I am learning, Just like anyone else here. I dont need you stalling me in my education of koi, and developing lasting relationships with people on this board. I only want to make it clear, Please Leave Me Alone.
    Thank you.

If you were able to understand my previous post more, I hopefully would take it that you would realize that I was saying, "So basically these koi all have a pimple or zit" (?) and not making a statement. I'm sorry you took it that way, though really I dont have to apologize for what you thought, but I will anyways.

Everyone please forgive me for this little outburst, I probably should have PM'ed her, but I wanted to make it clear. Please carry on with this pretty sweet thread. I want to learn about this that so many dont know about. Koi abcess? sounds intresting!
    Good grief Eric..........

For anyone who gives a flying.........

Eric posts at KoiShack and KP.and I simply find his offhanded remarks annoying. He never defers to the more mature and experienced members, unless he has been pm'd about his attitudes.

SOrry Eric...you brought it up.you and I butt heads.so be it. You are 17.I get it.but the lack of respect you have shown irks me........nfm.

Banned
    NVM me, hi

Duuuude...

Do just that then, no one is stopping you. Please leave me alone gail, I dont want any problems. I am a recognized and friendly member here. Many people appreciate my company. I most definetly slip from time to time, but I am determined to learn from the mistakes that I can identify that I have made, Despite past troubles I like them all. I dont need someone who will pick me apart for everything, afterall I am a kid, even though Im 17, Im human, and most importantly, I am learning, Just like anyone else here. I dont need you stalling me in my education of koi, and developing lasting relationships with people on this board. I only want to make it clear, Please Leave Me Alone.
    Thank you.

If you were able to understand my previous post more, I hopefully would take it that you would realize that I was saying, "So basically these koi all have a pimple or zit" (?) and not making a statement. I'm sorry you took it that way, though really I dont have to apologize for what you thought, but I will anyways.

Everyone please forgive me for this little outburst, I probably should have PM'ed her, but I wanted to make it clear. Please carry on with this pretty sweet thread. I want to learn about this that so many dont know about. Koi abcess? sounds intresting!
    Jeeze man, chill out.

The problem with your prognosis is that you sound like you really know what you're talking about when you can't possibly, with 100% certainty, diagnose a medical condition from a picture. None of us can. It takes a competent KHA or vet to physically examine the fish and do tests to determine exactly what is wrong.

You can't do it, yet the wording of your posts make you sound as if you're some expert that has seen this for years and there couldn't possibly be any other conclusion other than yours on what ails this koi.

Bad idea, Eric.

There are many more people that read these threads than post here, and many can be neophytes that take everything they read as the unvarnished gospel. How would you feel if what you espouse as being the ultimate truth ends up being very wrong and causes the death of a koi, or a whole pond of them? Huh? What then?

I admonish you to think before you speak. Don't blurt. You'll always end up tasting shoe leather...

Marie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    Jeeze man, chill out.

The problem with your prognosis is that you sound like you really know what you're talking about when you can't possibly, with 100% certainty, diagnose a medical condition from a picture. None of us can. It takes a competent KHA or vet to physically examine the fish and do tests to determine exactly what is wrong.

You can't do it, yet the wording of your posts make you sound as if you're some expert that has seen this for years and there couldn't possibly be any other conclusion other than yours on what ails this koi.

Bad idea, Eric.

There are many more people that read these threads than post here, and many can be neophytes that take everything they read as the unvarnished gospel. How would you feel if what you espouse as being the ultimate truth ends up being very wrong and causes the death of a koi, or a whole pond of them? Huh? What then?

I admonish you to think before you speak. Don't blurt. You'll always end up tasting shoe leather...

Marie
    But I dont know what I am talking about, and I know this. but other people that dont personally know me dont.
    I will not ruin this thread anymore.

OOOOKKKK! Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...Nancy, have you had Dr. Z take a look at it? I know she's taken several koi health courses; maybe she can help you out? I sure hope it's nothing more than an abcess; what a gorgeous koi!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast