Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Matsunosuke Event - Toshio Sakai In Seminar

2007 Matsunosuke Event - Toshio Sakai In Seminar

Dear all,

I am very pleased to announce the 2007 USA Matsunosuke Event - Toshio Sakai in Seminar here in Northern California. Here is the 2007 Matsunosuke event's general information. The schedule of event and registration package will be posted here soon.

Thank you and hope to see you all at the 2007 ZNA NorCal - Matsunosuke Event.

Best regards,
    --Dinh Nguyen
    ZNA NorCal

================================================== =====================

Zen Nippon Airinkai NorCal

Presents

Toshio Sakai

In Seminar

February 24th & 25th, 2007

General Information

Mr. Toshio Sakai of the Isawa Nishikigoi Center, one of the most notable and highly regarded Nishikigoi breeders in Japan, is coming to the San Francisco Bay Area in February 2007 to present a 2 day seminar on learning how to judge Koi, understand how to select Finished Koi and Future Koi, and Matsunosuke Blood Line. The first day of the seminar will feature a set of 4 separate lectures by Mr. Sakai followed by a banquet, and the second day of the seminar will feature a judging competition for the participants. The Grand Prize for the winner of the competition is a trip to Ojiya Japan in the fall of 2007 to participate in the Matsunosuke Ikeage (mud pond pull) and auction.

The Zen Nippon Airinkai NorCal club will hold this educational event at the Sheraton Hotel in Pleasanton, California. They are able to present the event through the generosity of Peters & Sons Koi & Pond Supply, the event Sponsor and Grand Prize provider. All proceeds from this event benefit the ZNA NorCal, a non-profit organization.

In 1974 Toshio Sakai and his brother, Toshiyuki Sakai of the Yamamatsu Koi Farm, bred the first Matsunosuke Sanke. From that point, the history of the Matsunosuke Blood Line began. After many years of development, Matsunosuke Koi became the All Japan Show Grand Champions in 1994, 1995, 1997, and 2002. Toshio Sakai went on to develop a Matsunosuke blood line for Showa that has become highly respected and shows great quality because of the stability of the Sumi (black color). His knowledge and expertise in the selection of Nishikigoi will be shared with the participants of the ZNA NorCal event.

Information and Applications can be obtained online at www.znanorcal.org and www.pskoi.com or by contacting:

Joelan Dunkel
    1205 Brookdale Drive
    Brentwood, CA 94513
    Phone: 925.516.9404
    Email: [email protected]

Kari Peters
    3850 Alhambra Avenue
    Martinez, CA 94553
    Phone: 925.313.9351
    Email: [email protected]

Space for this event is limited, so reserve your space early to ensure your participation.

I think this event is open to all...and not just the ZNA NorCal club. So, THIS IS A OPEN SEMINAR TO ALL....

Tosai
    Definitely worth the drive up from SoCal! Check will be in the mail tomorrow

Jane

Woohoo . . .

Well done, ZNA NorCal, that's a very impressive event you've put together. Sorry I can't make it. I'll be sulking in SoCal, Don

Quote Originally Posted by janemm View Post
    Definitely worth the drive up from SoCal! Check will be in the mail tomorrow

Jane
    Thank you Jane... Looking forward to meet you in person...

--Dinh
    ZNA NorCal

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I think this event is open to all...and not just the ZNA NorCal club. So, THIS IS A OPEN SEMINAR TO ALL....
    It's part of Nishikigoi education purpose along with fund raising for ZNA NorCal, a newest ZNA chapter. Yes, it is an open seminar to all indeed.

--Dinh
    ZNA NorCal

Just wanted to make things clear so no one feels left out.

Damm
    That is the same weekend Marudo and Ogata will be in town.. I wish we could come, but we will be entertaining them. I hope you all have a great weekend. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Damm
    That is the same weekend Marudo and Ogata will be in town.. I wish we could come, but we will be entertaining them. I hope you all have a great weekend. Maybe next time.
    We didn't know both Marudo and Ogata will be there for the same time.
    Otherwise, we can schedule for a different weekend indeed.

Marudo was here in NorCal few years back. He is one of my favorite breeder to learn and to chat with....

--Dinh
    ZNA NorCal
    Last edited by dinh; 12-13-2006 at 01:34 AM.

That's all right Dinh , after you've had a lesson from Toshio, you may have a new favorite breeder/teacher.
    Thanks Russ and kari at PS KOI for your assistance. When Toshio put on his first seminar in Philly, when Joe Z opened up quality koi, I flew all the way back there to see Him from Seattle. It was well worth the trip! Since then he has added so much more to his matsunosuke bloodline, like new improved
    beni and sumi....if anyone wanted to treat them selves to a new educational level you need to seriously plan on making this trip.

hats off to ZNA Norcal for making it possible for all to take advantage of this opportunity.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast