Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy 86th Birthday Bekko!!!!

Honmei

Exclamation Happy 86th Birthday Bekko!!!!

Way to go, you know it just seems like every year passes by more and more quickly. Although it seems like last time you were 87. How do you do it? Do you get to a point that you get so old that the only thing to do is get younger?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Way to go, you know it just seems like every year passes by more and more quickly. Although it seems like last time you were 87. How do you do it? Do you get to a point that you get so old that the only thing to do is get younger?
    Hey what the heck is going on... Didn't Mike turn 87 last week?? Perhaps he has forgotten when his birthday is... It can happen when you get that old..LOL

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Hey what the heck is going on... Didn't Mike turn 87 last week?? Perhaps he has forgotten when his birthday is... It can happen when you get that old..LOL

Hi Nancy,

Bekko is Steve not Mike, and yes he did just turn 87. I don't know how he does it, but this is the fourth or fifth Birthday announcement he has had this year. It keeps coming up on the bottom of the forum page.

Russ

Hi Nancy,

Bekko is Steve not Mike, and yes he did just turn 87. I don't know how he does it, but this is the fourth or fifth Birthday announcement he has had this year. It keeps coming up on the bottom of the forum page.

Russ
    Whoops typo... sorry Steve.. But at my age I forget things also.

Jumbo
    I was gonna just type "old fart" but following Nancy that wouldn't be right. So, "Bekko, you old fart."

Mickey the windowman

Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    I was gonna just type "old fart" but following Nancy that wouldn't be right. So, "Bekko, you old fart."

Mickey the windowman
    Well I am sure glad you did not call me an old fart.

Hey, when Steve turns 100 I think we should have an all out bash!!! hahahahaha

Sanctimonious Ass - BANNED
    Amazing and a true blessing!
    Congrats & Happy birthday wishes!

Something is terribly wrong and this cannot possibly be correct. I am positive my birthday is not this close to Christmas. I would go and ask someone but they gave me stern instructions to "go play on your computer and stay out of the kitchen". In my day, we had more respect for our elders. An equally stern retort would have been in order, but it's the holidays so I'll let it slide. Besides, they are probably busy preparing tomorrow's Christmas dinner. I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas also have a fine feast. May these celebrations help promote increased peace on earth, goodwill, and understanding between men.

I am not one to tie up bandwidth with off-topic discussions, so I will also show you my new tosakin. Having them arrive on Christmas Eve was perfect timing - if I do say so myself. The family has not taken much notice of them yet, but I am sure they will be as excited as I am once it it pointed out how beautiful they are. I have been busy preparing a large ceramic bowl to keep them in. This is the traditional way to keep tosakin as the limited space helps promote development of their elaborate tails. However, it is also tradition to change the water once each week. I cannot be trusted to keep up with the water changes so I have a continuous trickle of water going through the vessel. They are young fish, but seem to be developing well. There are links to photos below but they are a little blurry. For some reason, my hand is not as steady as it used to be.

Merry Christmas,
    -s tev eho

http://www.raingarden.us/tosakin%20dec%202006%20005.jpg
    http://www.raingarden.us/tosakinbowl2.jpg

A Very Happy Birthday to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast