Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your pick of these Champions for X-Mas...

are these fish million dollar fish or what?
    ill just take some milt from each of their fathers thanks.
    how much to send some of that to me chilled?

i think its funny that they dont sell milt like that actually, i bet it would be a pretty big market.
    you know like everyone get their females ready casue we are selling ten allotments of this bad boys milt in a month...

Sanke, showa, kohaku. Sanke is ahead of the other two in regard to body, and has a future in terms of pattern.

Showa, but my opinion might be a little biased as I know more about that koi than the other two....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your pick of these Champions for X-Mas...-00000.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    At 101cm, that would make that Sanke a serious Oyagoi for you to start breeding with Marie...
    Oh yeah, Tonio! That would be a serious Oyagoi alrightie. Interesting that I picked the sanke since I'm not a real sanke fan. She's just so...luminous. And those adorable cheeks!

I know they're all famous Nishikigoi. But could you enlighten me as to the breeders and bloodlines so I get a fix on some of their best?

Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    Oh yeah, Tonio! That would be a serious Oyagoi alrightie. Interesting that I picked the sanke since I'm not a real sanke fan. She's just so...luminous. And those adorable cheeks!

I know they're all famous Nishikigoi. But could you enlighten me as to the breeders and bloodlines so I get a fix on some of their best?

Marie
    Well the Sanke is Toshio Sakai's first GC win with the Magoi Bloodline he created. The fish was raised at Momotaro in which Mr. Maeda grew the fish to what it is at the time of show. The problem with any GoSanke at those big sizes is the body becomes not straight anymore. This was the first 100cm+ GoSanke to win the All-Japan GC. The fish was owned by Mr. Takigawa and the fish soon died right after the show.

Well the Sanke is Toshio Sakai's first GC win with the Magoi Bloodline he created. The fish was raised at Momotaro in which Mr. Maeda grew the fish to what it is at the time of show. The problem with any GoSanke at those big sizes is the body becomes not straight anymore. This was the first 100cm+ GoSanke to win the All-Japan GC. The fish was owned by Mr. Takigawa and the fish soon died right after the show.
    Well, there goes the potential for better pattern!

Antonio talked about the 101cm sanke and everyone knows about the 2005 AJGC showa profiled in the final KB issue.

Here's some info on the kohaku to round out our knowledge - http://www.koi.com/reference/tategoi/18.php

-Dan

*gasp*

Aw man! Now that's a true tragedy! That's the first sanke I've actually drooled over. Sakai-San is a true gene-weaving artist in every sense of the word. What a shame that fish was lost, especially after the show. Makes me ever so much more cautious about stepping into showing. I'd be totally devastated losing someone as precious as that sanke, or any of the Nishikigoi you posted pics of.

Who are the other two fish, their breeders and bloodlines?

Also, when you say
    "GoSanke at those big sizes is the body becomes not straight anymore," what do you mean by "not straight?" What does the body do, go somewhat disproportional or lumpy or? I can't quite see it in the pics, if that exists in these three...

Marie
    Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
    paints his own nature into his pictures."
    --Henry Ward Beecher

THe Maruyama Showa would be my pick. She was due to be bred last spring. I am hoping her babies will go against the norm of AJSGC koi having ugly offspring.

Sanke, Showa, Kohaku

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast