Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 106

Thread: Ranchus are hella expensive....

  1. #41
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    The Ranchu are from kimmy-koi. Gets nice stuff from China. The filtration will need an upgrade soon. All I am using is the large size penguin filter. Has the 2 rotating wheels and 4 pads. It works well, but the fish have grown since I set it up. It's been about 1.5 yrs with the same fish now. I will probably upgrade with a second penguin filter. The advantage of the penguin filters is, you can easily tell when it needs to be cleaned. Basically..the wheel slows down or stops spinning. Clean it, or change the pad..and it starts again. Very easy to maintain. On the bottom, all I have is a very thin layer of blue gravel. I use sinking food(hikari lionhead). I find the goldfish like to rummage through the gravel to find their food. Probably similar to what they would do in nature.
    I have 2 marineland canister filters on my 100gal...I really need to try Hikari Lionhead sinking...thanks for sharing the pics...I will check out Kimmy-Koi for new fish.

  2. #42
    Honmei Brutuscz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I have 2 marineland canister filters on my 100gal...I really need to try Hikari Lionhead sinking...thanks for sharing the pics...I will check out Kimmy-Koi for new fish.
    I used to use the floating pellets and noticed some fish had trouble staying upright. They would seem to almost float and go upside down...kind of against their will. Since I switched to the sinking pellets..no problem at all.

  3. #43
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Here's my tank on youtube.com...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDEIoIOLlns

  4. #44
    Nisai shir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    I used to use the floating pellets and noticed some fish had trouble staying upright. They would seem to almost float and go upside down...kind of against their will. Since I switched to the sinking pellets..no problem at all.
    If you use floating food you have to soak them first. That way it doesn't expand when they eat them and screw up their systems.

    shir

  5. #45
    Nisai shir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Here's my tank on youtube.com...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDEIoIOLlns

    Tony....I LOVE the way you did that! Your fishes look great....I love the cute little calico ranchu . By the way Bekko's fishes are still doing their thing. More and more babies. He is the best at what he does.

    Joe....when am I going to see yours?

    shir

  6. #46
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by shir View Post
    Tony....I LOVE the way you did that! Your fishes look great....I love the cute little calico ranchu . By the way Bekko's fishes are still doing their thing. More and more babies. He is the best at what he does.

    Joe....when am I going to see yours?

    shir
    Thanks Shirleen, the Calico is Picasso...I think you'll be seeing Joe's tank setup soon after the All-Japan...

  7. #47
    Oyagoi bekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hakipu'u
    Posts
    1,383
    a panda oranda that lost it's sumi
    All pandas loose their sumi. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes a year.

    -s

  8. #48
    Nisai simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    kent uk
    Posts
    66

    my first ranchu

    wanted to share my first ranchu with you all, I brought it in Japan in november from a very famous kohaku breeder, can anyone have a guess as who it may of been. They found it funny that I wanted this ranchu, after the koi I had just brought, but it just appealed to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ranchus are hella expensive....-dsc_0299.jpg  

  9. #49
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    wanted to share my first ranchu with you all, I brought it in Japan in november from a very famous kohaku breeder, can anyone have a guess as who it may of been. They found it funny that I wanted this ranchu, after the koi I had just brought, but it just appealed to me.
    I know PSKoi has found Ranchus at Sakai Isawa, so I am goin to have to say Sakai Isawa....Nice Ranchu, how big is it?

  10. #50
    Honmei keokoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    wanted to share my first ranchu with you all, I brought it in Japan in november from a very famous kohaku breeder, can anyone have a guess as who it may of been. They found it funny that I wanted this
    ranchu, after the koi I had just brought, but it just appealed to me.

    Simon, you crack me up. I have seen you bid on koi at Momo and now you buying Goldfish.. HAHAHAHA. I guess its addicting..

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Most expensive Koi in the world
    By hauliau in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
  2. Top/Side View Ranchus
    By fastrails in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
  3. My new Ranchus....
    By aquitori in forum Outside
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
  4. Gas still getting more expensive....
    By aquitori in forum Outside
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
  5. What is considered an expensive koi?
    By Akai-San in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com