Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranchus are hella expensive....

Ranchus are hella expensive....

Just wanted to share with you guys, that Japanese Koi arent the only things that expensive...This Nisai Japanese Monden Ranchu is around Y45,000 or $378USD..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ranchus are hella expensive....-00143-1.jpg  

Just Pm's you another source...got decent prices and nice stuff!!

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Just wanted to share with you guys, that Japanese Koi arent the only things that expensive...This Nisai Japanese Monden Ranchu is around Y45,000 or $378USD..
    I saw some a few years ago at Choguro for 50,000 yen.

You can pay any price for a TVR - just like you can pay any price for a koi. The more you learn about how to evaluate a TVR, the more expensive your tastes become. Sound familiar?

I would be interested in knowing the cost/value of the GC at the All Japan Ranchu Show versus the All Japan Koi Show. I used to think that TVR would be less expensive to produce, but am not sure about that any more. The competition for access to buy the best TVR may actually be more keen than it is for koi.

-ste veh

Quote Originally Posted by bekko View Post
    You can pay any price for a TVR - just like you can pay any price for a koi. The more you learn about how to evaluate a TVR, the more expensive your tastes become. Sound familiar?

I would be interested in knowing the cost/value of the GC at the All Japan Ranchu Show versus the All Japan Koi Show. I used to think that TVR would be less expensive to produce, but am not sure about that any more. The competition for access to buy the best TVR may actually be more keen than it is for koi.

-ste veh
    Steve the saying is very true...I am just learning this stuff and what impresses me now, doesnt impress the experts...hahahaha

Sanctimonious Ass - BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    My understanding from conversation with Peter Ponzio is that the ranchu society in Japan is held in even higher esteem by some than that of nishikigoi.

Enkoi got a new shipment of Ranchus and many other godlfish. I will start a new thread on those...

Joe

Hint, hint, Brian

From the perspective of a Westerner, there is a notable difference between keeping koi and top-view ranchu. We have access to a fair amount of koi information. There are a few magazines, some good books, DVDs, more web sites than you could ever visit and more forums than even the hard core can keep up with.

But, to my knowledge, there is not a single english language TVR magazine, they are not even mentioned in the English language goldfish books or the Goldfish Report and there is only one English language TVR forum. It is based in Singapore and I have read every word of the archives at least once.

There is a mother load of TVR books, TVR magazines, web sites and forums out there, but almost all of it is in Japanese. The Thai and Chinese also seem to have some information available to them. Google translator will give you a small taste, but you never know if your understanding is valid or imaginary.

It would be fun to have a ranchu forum here at Koi-Bito.

-ste veho

Do you guys keep your Ranchu's in a pond or in tanks? I have 4 ranchus, 1 oranda, and 2 ryukins in a 90gallon tank indoors. Gotta have something to look at in the winter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Do you guys keep your Ranchu's in a pond or in tanks? I have 4 ranchus, 1 oranda, and 2 ryukins in a 90gallon tank indoors. Gotta have something to look at in the winter!!!
    I got my fish in a 100gal tank in the garage. I have setup 3 45gal tanks for collecting Ranchus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ranchus are hella expensive....-3-tanks.jpg  

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast