Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kodoma Koi Farm on eBay/merged threads

Kodoma Koi Farm on eBay/merged threads

Much to my interest I see that Kodoma Koi Farm has now planted it's flag on eBay in their effort to conquer the world. The line between domestic and import continues to blurr. In their add they state they "offer only the finest quality nishikigoi from top breeders in Japan". You be the judge. Would you rather have a Kohaku from Quality Koi or Lotusland, or one of theirs. Or does it make any difference.

Richard, I have noticed that as well. But in past history many dealers have trid this type of marketing on the Giant Auction site. None of them really do it that much anymore..

Joe

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rombold View Post
    Much to my interest I see that Kodoma Koi Farm has now planted it's flag on eBay in their effort to conquer the world. The line between domestic and import continues to blurr. In their add they state they "offer only the finest quality nishikigoi from top breeders in Japan". You be the judge. Would you rather have a Kohaku from Quality Koi or Lotusland, or one of theirs. Or does it make any difference.
    When it comes tom what Kodama is growing out I don't think it makes much of a difference. He does not get the highest grade of koi from the breeders in Niigata.

I agree. It seems they are dipping their toes in the water. Two things though. The Kodoma clan is trying to cash in on both their name and the "born in Japan" label. Seems short sighted to me. Secondly, there is a lot better domestic koi available than what they are importing into the country. Koi is far more than just marketing. It seems that the Kodoma's would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    When it comes tom what Kodama is growing out I don't think it makes much of a difference. He does not get the highest grade of koi from the breeders in Niigata.
    I sure hope not!!! I am hoping the bar is a lot higher than this.

All I know is if some of us look in our collection of koi books there will be 1 or 2 books from this guy. Also would there be a fish called "Loran" without Kodama dealing it...Well this is America, home of the free, home to whoever thinks they can sell a fish on EBay...My best guess to those who use EBay as their dealership, do worry this will be something short lived for him.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    All I know is if some of us look in our collection of koi books there will be 1 or 2 books from this guy. Also would there be a fish called "Loran" without Kodama dealing it...Well this is America, home of the free, home to whoever thinks they can sell a fish on EBay...My best guess to those who use EBay as their dealership, do worry this will be something short lived for him.
    I have the books. Nice pictures. Short on detail. I respect the Father, but don't know much about the Son. Worries? It's great to have them there. I wish they brought better fish with them. eBay has a great infrastructure for selling anything including fish. It's secure. It's safe. The Sellers are held accountable. What it lacks is quality. Hope they stick it out and do a better job of it. The more the better.

What makes anybody here think they will offer anything better on EBay than they do on their own auction site? Far cry quality-wise from when they first started their site a few years ago. Now, nothin' but crapagoi.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    If Kodama didn't exist, I am sure Loran would have.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    If Kodama didn't exist, I am sure Loran would have.LOL
    Would there have been a dealer good enough to have broker that fish, besides Kodama...Once again this would be one of those fishes that would be in a 4 for $100 bin...hahahahahahahaha...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast