Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Cfks Orlando

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    Hi Sue,
    Great to hear your fish made the trip home ok. I'm sure you were really tired and relieved when you got home. Do you know what that little "something extra" your GC got was called? I'd be interested in knowing what the dosage was on a monster like that. Was it just a one time injection or do you plan on giving her the full treatment?
    Thanks,
    Mitch
    Mitch, I was able to get my hands on some Fortez (sp) which is in the same family as Azactam (which I love). I had my entire med chest with me, but the suggestion from someone I admire and trust was to use this instead. I'm hearing that Azactam may not be available anymore and that this "new and improved" antibiotic is to replace it. I've frozen what I had left so it won't go to waste. There was no need to continue with injections once she was in good water. I would have continued if her tail fin hadn't started to heal on its own though. We gave her a 1.5cc dose.
    2010 Upper Midwest Koi Club Show
    AKCA 4th Annual Open Show
    July 31st, Aug 1st & 2nd, Minneapolis, MN
    http://www.umkoiclub.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Auntiesue View Post
    Mitch, I was able to get my hands on some Fortez (sp) which is in the same family as Azactam (which I love). I had my entire med chest with me, but the suggestion from someone I admire and trust was to use this instead. I'm hearing that Azactam may not be available anymore and that this "new and improved" antibiotic is to replace it. I've frozen what I had left so it won't go to waste. There was no need to continue with injections once she was in good water. I would have continued if her tail fin hadn't started to heal on its own though. We gave her a 1.5cc dose.
    Sue

That had to make you more than a little bit nervous. I'm glad to hear she is doing well.

Thanks Sue,
    I'll try and remember that name. I noticed from the pictures that the injection site was in the pit under the pectoral fin, which also happens to be where Vicki showed us in the wet lab. I guess that is becoming the best place to inject now. If it's good enough for the GC it's good enough for my fish.
    Mitch

Honmei

Actually Mitch

The injection site on Sue's GC was in the soft tissue behind the pelvic fins...unless "someones" aim was off! I have seen koi injected in a number of different places over the years. I find the area mentioned to be the best, especially for a show fish since it poses very little threat of messing things up or knocking off a critical scale.

Steve

Oops,
    I stand corrected. I didn't go back and look at the picture before I posted. Actually Vicki said you could inject in the soft pocket under either the pectoral or the pelvics. In the wet lab "we" used the former. Do you see any problem with using the pectoral area?
    Thanks,
    Mitch

I just got a couple more pictures of the GC sanke and family from Kevin...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cfks Orlando-picture-514.jpg   Cfks Orlando-picture-518.jpg   Cfks Orlando-cfks-g.c.jpg   Cfks Orlando-cfks-g.c-pal.jpg  

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011