Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Combined Koi Show

Koi Unit

Hi Guys and Gals,

Thanks for your support of our event. Looking forward to seeing you all in our area late September.... Gonna have a K-U area for you all as in the past.
    As in the past the event is designed for koi-kichi of all level to have fun and enjoy great company....
    Don't know if we can help you with Claim Jumpers...may be over time their memory will be hazy....lol.

Aquitori, the hall for the event this year is smaller than last year. So the dry vendors are indoors and the Koi Show and wet vendors are out doors. This means that there isn't room for all of the activities we would like to have.
    Remember, we try to have something new each year for the event.....
    GarryC

Hi Gary,
    Can You Pm Me Your E-mail. So That I Can Send You The Picture.
    I Will Try To Come Back This Year. It Was A Great Show. Even My Wife Loved It. It Was Very Educational.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by scvkoi View Post
    Aquitori, the hall for the event this year is smaller than last year. So the dry vendors are indoors and the Koi Show and wet vendors are out doors. This means that there isn't room for all of the activities we would like to have.
    Remember, we try to have something new each year for the event.....
    It's cool Garry, I will be there to support and hangout... But maybe Goldfish next year? hahahahahaha j/k

More Koi Show information

This year in addition to the Pond Builders, Garden Clubs as well a Vendor Faire we are making changes to the Venue, the Koi Show and adding Speakers. Many of the changes come in response to suggestions made by Camellia Koi Club members at the debriefing of the 2006 event and from discussions with koi-kichi and non koi-kichi types.

This yearís event will be held at Johnson Hall (across the street from Jones Hall) at the Placer County Fairgrounds on September 22 Ė September 23, 2007. The Combined Koi Show and Wet Vendors will be outdoors with Dry Vendor being indoors this year. Johnson Hall has a darken stage that we will used for lectures on topics related to Koi such as Koi Ponds, Koi, Koi Food, etc. In 2007 we look forward to having a Concessionaire to provide food for the Public during the event.
    The largest number of changes will occur with the Combined Koi Show. The event is Combined with the addition of a Dealerís Division, a Novice Division, along with the Open Koi Show. The ultimate goal for the changes is to bring out the BEST Koi no matter the affiliation of the Koi owner. The Dealers will nominate a Koi or two that will compete against other Koi Dealerís Koi for Grand Champion and Runner-Up Grand Champion in the Dealer Division. The Novice Division is opened to any Koi Hobbyist who has never entered a Koi Show. Koi owned by a Novice will be judged in the Open Koi Show and then judged separately against other Koi entered by Novice Koi Hobbyist for Grand Champion, Runner-Up Grand Champion, Best Adult, and Best Young in the Novice Division. Not to be left out is the addition of a Best Jumbo to the Open Division. All judging will be by the Koi Show Judges. The biggest changes for the Open and Novice Divisions comes in the cost, Entry fee is a flat $40.00 for each 6í Koi Show Tank or a flat $60.00 for each 8í Koi Show Tank. There is no fee for Koi this year!
    Dry Vendors are not without their own contest; they will be competing for Best Booth Award voted by all participants. There are other surprises planned, stay tuned!

Gspotmc,

This year there will be more education...We will be having lectures on topics related to koi.

Aquitori,

Maybe, I can put some of your knowledge to use for the event.

Gspotmc,

This year there will be more education...We will be having lectures on topics related to koi.

Aquitori,

Maybe, I can put some of your knowledge to use for the event.
    Garry I'll ask around about how a goldfish show is run. Maybe next year you can add it...

Honmei
    The Portland Show is a Koi / Goldfish competition. They set up aquariums on the inside and have several judges. It runs much the same as a Koi show. They do a great job with the whole event.

Aquitori,

I was speaking of using your koi knowledge...
    Already have the knowledge about running a goldfish show.

Aquitori,

I was speaking of using your koi knowledge...
    Already have the knowledge about running a goldfish show.

Garry, dont know about the koi knowledge in my old age I even forget to turn off the water when I do water changes...

Sponsor Update

Wanted to let you all know, that our Mr. Water Quality (Jim P.) and Simi Koi have worked out a deal that has resulted in Simi Koi being a Silver Level Sponsor of our event. This is a renewal of their Sponsorship Level of 2006.
    Way to go guys!!!!!

Welcome Back Simi Koi.

The Camellia Koi Club Thanks You for your support.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast