Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Combined Koi Show

What's up with the show? A month away with no news, I know Garry has something special in the works.....

Looks like the "Entrant's Package" is done and posted in the Club news section, so all you local guys from the Bay Area start reserving tanks.... By the way I am signing up for the "Novice" Division....

Entrantís packet for the Sacramento Combined Show

Sansai
    Hi Tony,

Here is hoping this time my post will make it through my computer problems. One would think that with a new computer and professional (?) help setting everything up that things would work easily but it is just not my year for computers.

As Tony noted the entrant's packet is posted in the club news forum. A big thank you to Jim North for his help in accomplishing that task. The show this year will have three divisions: Novice, Open, and Dealer/Breeder. We are also going to a single fee for each tank. No per fish charges this year. We hope that will encourage more people to bring more Koi to the show. In talking with our club members we found a large number of people who had never entered fish in a show, Thus the novice division. The Open division is for those hardcore hobbyists (like Tony ) who have shown before. The Dealer/Breeder division will give those in the Koi Business a chance to show off their best.

The show arena will be outdoors this year along with an area for more vendors. The hall we are using this year is quite a bit smaller than the one we had last year so we had to expand to the outside. To date we have 22 vendors committed to the show. 8 Dealers, 1 Breeder, 3 artists, 4 Koi Food manufacturers, and 6 equipment and/or dry goods.

We are happy to announce our judges for this year: Burt Ballou, Norman Call, and Peter Ponzio.

Steve

Sansai

A question for Garry

In reading through the packet, there seems to be two sizes of tanks, but one formula for calculating number of fish per tank. Does the same fish load fit both the 6 ft. AND the 8 ft? Shouldn't the max points be different?

By the way, Garry, save me two large tanks.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by carolyn swanson View Post

By the way, Garry, save me two large tanks.

CKC Combined Koi Show

Everyone is invited to the show's banquet Saturday night. Info on the menu, payments, etc is at 2007 Sacramento Combined Koi Show. If you happen to be a major sponsor, check with Steve and Garry to make sure we're not comping you banquet tix before you pay.

Also at the above website you can pre-order your official commemorative show shirt (the question is not "Will our shirts sell out?" but "How soon will our shirts sell out?") and reserve your show tank with a credit card.

Sansai
    Hi Carolyn and a big thank you for asking that question. We have reserved the two tanks you requested.

Now for the answer to your question. Yes you are correct. The 8' tanks hold more water and therefore will have a higher number of points. Our water quality chair, Jim Phillips, has corrected that number to reflect the larger amount of water in the 8' tank. An 8' tank will accept 180 points of fish based on the formula per fish found in the entrant's packet.

Believe it or not, the show committee has reviewed the entrant's packet about 6 times from before last year's show and this year's. Somehow all of us missed that item. So we must apologize for the oversight.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    Hi Tony,

Here is hoping this time my post will make it through my computer problems. One would think that with a new computer and professional (?) help setting everything up that things would work easily but it is just not my year for computers.

As Tony noted the entrant's packet is posted in the club news forum. A big thank you to Jim North for his help in accomplishing that task. The show this year will have three divisions: Novice, Open, and Dealer/Breeder. We are also going to a single fee for each tank. No per fish charges this year. We hope that will encourage more people to bring more Koi to the show. In talking with our club members we found a large number of people who had never entered fish in a show, Thus the novice division. The Open division is for those hardcore hobbyists (like Tony ) who have shown before. The Dealer/Breeder division will give those in the Koi Business a chance to show off their best.

The show arena will be outdoors this year along with an area for more vendors. The hall we are using this year is quite a bit smaller than the one we had last year so we had to expand to the outside. To date we have 22 vendors committed to the show. 8 Dealers, 1 Breeder, 3 artists, 4 Koi Food manufacturers, and 6 equipment and/or dry goods.

We are happy to announce our judges for this year: Burt Ballou, Norman Call, and Peter Ponzio.

Steve
    Yeah Steve, I was getting kind of worried with the show just weeks away. It is good you guys were able to get the packet out so people can start getting tanks. I will be there to hand out a friendship award for ZNA Potomac.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Looks like the "Entrant's Package" is done and posted in the Club news section, so all you local guys from the Bay Area start reserving tanks.... By the way I am signing up for the "Novice" Division....

Entrantís packet for the Sacramento Combined Show
    Hi Tony,
    How dare You???
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by gspotmc View Post
    Hi Tony,
    How dare You???
    Michael
    Naw, I was only joking.... My fish suck so bad they should be in the Basura division....HAHAHAHAHA

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast