Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when you think you've seen it all...CFKS

Honmei

Just when you think you've seen it all...CFKS

Now keep in mind that I have been to more than just a few koi shows over the years. I was walking into the atrium at the Holiday Inn at the Orlando show. This is one of 2 areas that vendors are located. Over in one corner is a very large group of people huddled around one of the vendors tanks...each holding "numbers." Upon closer inspection, I saw past the pople to see the Eastern Nishikigoi sales banner and Hung, hanging over the side of one of the tanks bowling koi for customers. As I understand it, Hung had to call Ken to send more boxes of koi on saturday since he sold out. I checked mid day with Hung on Saturday and there were 3 lowly koi left. An hour later they were gone!

There were at least 15 - 20 people waiting with numbers for their turn to buy koi from Eastern. I know one lucky hobbyist even took best in size 1 with his "ringer" kohaku from Eastern. now, keep in mind, this wasn't just any hobbyist, this was Mr. Luke Frisbee....ya'll know Luke, Mr. Anti Ringers. Well, I had to talk with him Sunday morning and in light of past threads on the subject, crowned him the new "King Ringer." LOL

Steve

LOL, Steve -- too funny. Luke buying a Ringer, after all of those long rants he wrote and forced us to read?

I was at Eastern on Friday picking up a 'ringer' of my own when they were loading up more tosai to ship out overnight to CFKS. Can you say 'Mad Scramble?'

Nice to hear both shipments sold out PDQ. Sorry to hear some got stuck holding tickets when all the fish were gone.

Jumbo
    Here is what the booth looked like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just when you think you've seen it all...CFKS-easternbooth.jpg  

Way to go Luke!

He gets the ringer Crown..

Every year Hung sells out of koi. That is when I hit him up for some drinks that night...

Quote Originally Posted by Campcheryl View Post
    Here is what the booth looked like.
    Lordy! Looks like guys lined up at Dodger Stadium's urinal trough during the 7th inning stretch!

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name.......

Yep. Luke bought a ringer at the show and won Kokugyo with it. Eastern does sell out most years. They bring tosai that outshine most domestics and offer them at prices just above equivalent sized pond mutt domestics. I doubt they make much profit given the travel expense, but Eastern certainly gets its name out. One fellow showed up at 6:30am on Saturday to be first in line for the second shipment. He took a slip of paper and wrote #1 on it. When another fellow showed up at 7:15, the first fellow handed him a slip marked #2. ... gotta love it.

Here's the tank on Saturday around noon... 3 little guys hiding in there. All sold.

(The photo file says it was Friday, but date was Saturday.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just when you think you've seen it all...CFKS-cfks-2007-fri.-147.jpg  

And Luke picked that lil best in size one out of a tank with 300 koi, I was told he did this in under 5 minutes. I wonder what luke will say now to those other people that bring in those so called "ringers". LOL this one sure bit Luke on the butt. Congrats Luke on your good eye.

Difference in this ringer is that it didn't cost somewhere in the range of $50,000

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Difference in this ringer is that it didn't cost somewhere in the range of $50,000
    That lil ringer cost him $25

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast