Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trick to avoid Bakki Shower

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    Hi _____, this is Mickey again-

I am not so much of a believer in beads as you are. You do know that they are not universally embraced as miracles, right?

After 2 or 3 cappucinos I can delude myself into thinking that there is some Dude left in me, but other than that, Yep, I'm an old fart, too.

Your development is ingenious. Simple is ALWAYS better. But I don't understand why you think I'm mad because I remind you, and others, that this is not a filter system and cannot be relied on for all of the filtration chores of any pond.

Mojo, I will filter my 400g QT with 2 five gallon buckets, but I will not recommend anybody do that without mindful water changes, and I will not recommend my buckets for a real pond. Nope. And neither should you.

Now, where is the angry talk you accuse me of? Being from the East side of Deetroit I may know a different level of anger than you. Still, do not distort my emphatic statements by thinking they are typed in anger.
    OK then we are 2 old dude now, i like that. i think you are a little upset when somebody said something that you don't like to hear, that very normal, very, very, even with all my children when i said no i have to find a smarter way to said that or i do not anything. come back to the subject, bead filter and old style, you just do whatever you like to do, as i know by myself, we are too old to change now. just enjoy what God give us left. OK, Brother?

Jumbo
    Yes, yes, Amen! Brother Mojo. We do celebrate the wide ranges of lovable people we encounter.

But the question is Teddy's filtration. No one, (well not me!) is doubting your results. But Mojo, can you say that your filter will work better than this man's? Look at the pic he posted. The filter chambers run all along the long length of the pond. They are covered with what looks like mahogany. Now I know that mahogany covers don't filter, not the point, the point is that the troubles Teddy would ask about are certainly not caused by a lack of filtration. He may benefit from finding a way to ADD your bucket and its thin sheeting, yes, he may. He will not benefit from removing or eliminating or heaven's forbid, shutting down his filtration. I think our accountant freind may be thinking that sneaking the pump off at night is saving him pennies and this is smart. Maybe not if the bacteria, (just like the ones you have in your bucket, Mojo), are trying to get a foothold and keep getting dried out and starved during the "off" time.

I can't say I've ever read any post here that said "Ignore the wisdom of old timer, advanced koi keepers." Often you can read "I know its may not be the best (bead filter maybe?) but it works for me and I'll take my chances." Mnay here use Ultimas or Aquadynes or DIY beads, but none of them will be saying "throw away the vortexes and multiple chambers you ancient dinosaurs."

Teddy, buy a pump. Turn on your waterfall and devise a way to create a thin sheet. The idea and technique of Mojo's has captured your imagination. Surely the home minister will tolerate a small expense for the excellence of the pond and fish.
    Mickey the windowman, the world is a very big place.

Aquitori says Keokoi says "even sun shines on dogs ass..." so I say... Buy Ugly Early.

Tosai
    Dear Mojo & Mitten,
    first of all sorry to make you argue each other caused by me..
    I didn't intend to..
    I haven't meet Dr Tan since I'm Indonesian, not malaysian
    If you don't mind please elaborate about using either pump or aerator to reach optimum oxygen level.
    and is it enough aerator I used ( 80l/m & 60l/m)

thanks again to you all..

If you don't mind please elaborate about using either pump or aerator to reach optimum oxygen level.
    and is it enough aerator I used ( 80l/m & 60l/m)

The problem with diffrent ways of keeping water is that everyone can be correct as there are so many variables . One thing for sure is that the warmer the water temperature the less dissolved oxygen it contains .So in Indonesia you are going to aerate a lot more . You might even have to cool your water by shading or a trickle tower .
    Regards
    Eugene

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456