Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dainichi Showa for comments

Dainichi Showa for comments

Hi all,

I'm from Spore, and I've recently purchase a few danichi showas.

I would like to seek some comments from this forum on my selections.
    I'm not sure whether they are too small to have any meaningful discussion, nevertheless, here is their photos.

1st photo was taken Dec 06, they were about 15-17cm.
    2nd photo to 5th photo were taken on 17 March 07
    S1 : 33cm
    S2 : 29cm
    S3 : 30cm
    S4 : 31cm
    6th photo is a showa (S5) that I bought in Nov 06 at 32cm (different batch from the above 4).

All the photo were using the same camera, and there are distinct different in the Hi colour tone.

S1 to S4 were kept in the farm at 24deg. Does this contribute to the skin quality and bright Hi colour?

Pls let me have your comments. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Showa for comments-showa-all5.jpg  

I'm going to wait for others...

I've already commented on these on the Malaysian forum, so I'm going to hang back and see what others say before I repeat myself over here

Can I have the 3rd. & 4th. Koi ? The Body on # 3 is unreal , # 4 almost as good , and on # 4 I like the bal. of pattern .

I agree

The balance and body on the 3rd koi (4th pic) is really nice. They are young so hopefully you can keep us updated on thier progression.

last 2 are nice koi. good body shapes, good dispersion of color. they certainly will be able to realize their maximum growth potential in your location!

I really like the fourth koi, love the body. The fifth has some a pattern I like alot!
    As Dick mentioned....they are fish to watch as they grow! Nice to have that constant water temperature!

Jumbo
    Hello. pbng. You got nice tosai and I love Dainichi Showa
    May I ask you why did you chose them from others and also, what is your first (& second) priority when you select tosai Showa?

In my own opinion,

S3 has a very thick tail tube, and this make the fish looks out of proportion. It's like a fatty with a short body. As the fish grow in length, I'm concern whether the pattern is sufficient.

S4 is a more 'all rounded' at this moment. And the pattern will still be nice as the fish grow.

S5 is probably a lower grade fish looking at its body, and shiroji. However, it got a nice head pattern which I like. The sumi has turn out stronger in my own pond.

S1-S4 has been transfer back to my pond, and the water parameter is at 28-29deg, ph 7.8-8.

When they were at the fish farm, the water was at 24 deg, and ph at 6.8-7.

I hope I can continue to maintain the beni and shiroji quality.

On how I choose them, they were all in a pond of about 200pcs. I asked for Kindai Showa from the farm owner, and he netted about 10pcs into a container (as in 1st pic). For no particular reason, the rest are eliminated and put back into the pond and I ended up with this 4.

S5 was purchased at a much earlier time. It was just 1 fine afternoon adhoc purchase.

Pls continue to give me your comments, and what to look out for.
    I will update the grow and progress accordingly.

Jumbo
    [quote=pbng;78845]In my own opinion,

On how I choose them, they were all in a pond of about 200pcs. I asked for Kindai Showa from the farm owner, and he netted about 10pcs into a container (as in 1st pic). For no particular reason, the rest are eliminated and put back into the pond and I ended up with this 4.

Thanks for the explanations how you chose them. it seems like the farm owner has a pretty good level of stocks.

Although the last 2 showas, S-4 & 5, are unfortunatly almost all Kasane-zumi, I am almost sure that the Dainichi perfer to this type body flow at this age..... and the beni quality looks not bad but I can't tell it since it was so difficult to really see them thru the pics. Good luck

[quote=Super Kindai;78855
    Although the last 2 showas, S-4 & 5, are unfortunatly almost all Kasane-zumi, I am almost sure that the Dainichi perfer to this type body flow at this age..... and the beni quality looks not bad but I can't tell it since it was so difficult to really see them thru the pics. Good luck[/quote]

Hi Super Kindai,

Could you share more on what is Kasane-zumi, and also the body flow?

The beni quality for S4 and S5 is very different tone of red. Not sure which is a better one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast