Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~~Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association and Nikkei koi and goldish show~~

This is Hawaii's first show in many years. Surely, one show not to miss...with a great supporting cast it is sure to be a great one for those involved and attending. Hopefully, I can attend.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    This is Hawaii's first show in many years. Surely, one show not to miss...with a great supporting cast it is sure to be a great one for those involved and attending. Hopefully, I can attend.
    Tony if you come... since Momotaro will be here we can have a Hawaiian
    Bar be que day. Steve (bekko) said we can all go to his house and while checking out his setup we can have lunch there. It is an unique opportunity because we will be situated behind Kualoa Ranch. Beautiful view! Also Steve offered that anyone who buys goldfish at the show he will help ship it up there. ....with over a thousand I'm sure you will find one or two. Gary (Nikkei koi) will also ship koi. Hope to see you here.

shir

We are pleased and honored to announce that the head judge, Daisuke Maeda of Momotaro Koi Farm will be assisted by Gary DeCoito of Hawaii Koi Farm on the Big Island and now Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp in Washington state. Thank you Joel!!

-stev eh

Nice line up. Make sure the cameras work!

I've always wanted to see a pic of Gary, so be sure and get a good One!
    It's great to think that there will be a show again. Glad to see some familar names for judges. I talked to Joel a coupla nights ago ....good choice tho on the judges. I've been waiting for something to look forward to on the boards ( since the last show) and this will certainly fill the bill.....

Quote Originally Posted by bekko View Post
    We are pleased and honored to announce that the head judge, Daisuke Maeda of Momotaro Koi Farm will be assisted by Gary DeCoito of Hawaii Koi Farm on the Big Island and now Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp in Washington state. Thank you Joel!!

-stev eh
    Looking forward to see some pictures. I have not seen Gary in over 35 yrs . Last time was at Buster Arruda`s home in Kaniohi [spelling may be off grin ] Gary and Buster used to enter fish at the So Ca show at[School ] the Japanese garden in Gardena.
    My very best to all of you and may the koi gods rain sun shine and joy to you all at the show
    Friendship Through Koi,
    Louie

Gary DeCoito and Kevan Pham of Genki Koi both donated beautiful showa for the show raffle.

We have one other special guest which I forgot to mention. Kyou Isezaki is one of Japan's most pretigious Bizenyaki pottery makers. He is poised to one day become a living national treasure for Japan. There is a wide variety of pottery that Kyou makes from small tea cups to gigantic decorative pieces. The bizenyaki skill runs in his family as his uncle has already become Japan's living national treasure. What makes bizenyaki so valuable and difficult is the pattern formation after the firing. They use leaves to form the pattern and during the firing process the leaves burn off leaving behind a pattern on the pottery piece. This is an all natural hand made process which is why it is so difficult to obtain a perfect piece.

-steve

Also, wanted to say dont forget the Goldfish show pics too....

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Also, wanted to say dont forget the Goldfish show pics too....

We will not forget our great friends on Koi-Bito. Since you were one of the first to know about this show from the very beginning we will do our best.Tony.....wish you were here though..... what's a bar be que without you. This type of show has not happened in Hawaii for approximately 20 years, so we are hoping it will be one of many. The way our club has worked together for this, the free advertising from the various TV stations, the articles in our Star Bulletin and Mid Week, the craft fair people that has decided to join us REALLY shows the Ohana (family) in our beautiful state. We are so lucky to have also the support of our Mainland friends like you, Kevin Pham of Genki Nishikigoi & Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp, I am honored to be part of it.

shir

Quote Originally Posted by shir View Post
    We will not forget our great friends on Koi-Bito. Since you were one of the first to know about this show from the very beginning we will do our best.Tony.....wish you were here though..... what's a bar be que without you. This type of show has not happened in Hawaii for approximately 20 years, so we are hoping it will be one of many. The way our club has worked together for this, the free advertising from the various TV stations, the articles in our Star Bulletin and Mid Week, the craft fair people that has decided to join us REALLY shows the Ohana (family) in our beautiful state. We are so lucky to have also the support of our Mainland friends like you, Kevin Pham of Genki Nishikigoi & Joel Burkard of Pan Intercorp, I am honored to be part of it.

shir
    Shirleen just post pics of goldfish and it will be as if I was there...I know the show will be a success the koi and goldfish community has wait a long time for a show...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12