Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association and Nikkei koi and goldish show~~

~~Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association and Nikkei koi and goldish show~~

Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Assoc. and Nikkei Koi presents our first ever Ohana Koi and Goldfish Show
    Shirleen Horimoto- show chairman
    Guy Kmett- co chair
    Bonnie Nakahara-co chair

Stay tuned I hear some big name breeder/ from Japan is head Judge...

More to come in the following days..

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi View Post
    Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Assoc. and Nikkei Koi presents our first ever Ohana Koi and Goldfish Show
    Shirleen Horimoto- show chairman
    Guy Kmett- co chair
    Bonnie Nakahara-co chair

Stay tuned I hear some big name breeder/ from Japan is head Judge...

More to come in the following days..

Joe
    Dang I can feel Hawaiian summer vacation.. And Shir as show chairwoman, this is going to be a must attend show. Just when I thought we were going to retire from showing, Shir decides to be show chairwomen for the 1st koi show in Hawaii, now we cant miss that event.. I guess retiremnet will have to wait.

Now that would be a long bag and drag.

Seriously, though, best wishes on your first show and wish we could attend.

when??

So...when...where...??? I've got to get my grass skirt ready and box up the coconuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Dang I can feel Hawaiian summer vacation.. And Shir as show chairwoman, this is going to be a must attend show. Just when I thought we were going to retire from showing, Shir decides to be show chairwomen for the 1st koi show in Hawaii, now we cant miss that event.. I guess retiremnet will have to wait.
    Nancy....great way to enjoy a retirement party....in HAWAII. Lots of stuff to do in Hawaii. This is our first show in something like 20 years. We feel very honored that all our friends in Calf. etc. are thinking of us and giving us some moral support. Thank you. Oh by the way I hope we get a GREAT camera man like you did!

shir

Quote Originally Posted by karipeters View Post
    So...when...where...??? I've got to get my grass skirt ready and box up the coconuts!
    We are leaving that to Joe (our coconut wireless) and Bekko to post....he is our PR person. But...I am hoping to be able to see you do the hula. Hawaii is place that everyone is very down to earth and laid back. Hope you can come for a vacation.

shir

Quote Originally Posted by shir View Post
    Nancy....great way to enjoy a retirement party....in HAWAII. Lots of stuff to do in Hawaii. This is our first show in something like 20 years. We feel very honored that all our friends in Calf. etc. are thinking of us and giving us some moral support. Thank you. Oh by the way I hope we get a GREAT camera man like you did!

shir
    Shir, give me a date, time, place, and we will be there to support you anyway we can.. I can bench, record, tub, run computer what ever you need. Count on us to be there..

We are leaving that to Joe (our coconut wireless) and Bekko to post....he is our PR person.
    PR person? I thought I was handling the goldfish activity! You need someone more likable to do the PR.

Like Shirleen says, this is HGCA's first bonified show and competition for at least twenty years. There have been frequent exhibitions, but no real show. The story goes that back in the day the show competition became so fierce that they decided to stop having shows before something drastic occurred. For the past year or so there has been a lot of talk about having shows again but nothing was happening until Shirleen took the reins and took the leap.

Our club does not keep much money on hand. Dues are only $15 per year which barely covers meeting expenses. Coming up with the cash to put on a show was a major obstacle. Then Nikkei Koi stepped up to sponsor the whole thing. Thanks to Gary's help and sponsorship, it should be a show to be proud of.

Not only is Gary paying the bills for venue rental, trophies and such, he has arranged for us to have a very special visitor and judge - Daisuke Maeda of Momotaro Koi. During the event, Nikkei Koi will be showcasing a spectacular selection of Momotaro Koi.

The venue for the event is the Honolulu Country Club. It's a nice place. The judging and award ceremonies will be on Sunday, June 24th between 8 am and 4 pm. Set-up will be Saturday morning and benching Saturday afternoon. There will be a banquet at The Willows on Friday evening.

The event will also include a goldfish show with both fancy goldfish and top-view goldfish divisions. In addition to fish and fish stuff, vendors will include orchid growers and bonsai.

Some of the details were just finalized. You heard it here first. This information and more details will be posted on the Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association and the Nikkei Koi web sites in the coming weeks.
    http://www.hawaiigoldfishandkoi.org/
    http://www.nikkeikoi.com/

-s te

Steve is just being modest when he says he is taking care of the goldfish portion. He and a fellow club member last year brought in different varieties of Japan goldfish including beautiful ranchu's. They have bred all of them and will have close to 1000 for sale at the show for a VERY good price. They have also bred Tosikin's and Jinkin's and hopefully that will be ready also. He is also providing all the goldfish trophys.

shir

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Shir, give me a date, time, place, and we will be there to support you anyway we can.. I can bench, record, tub, run computer what ever you need. Count on us to be there..
    Nancy ....we will just be happy to see you again. We promise not to put you guys to work but just relax and enjoy island style. Maybe a few Mai tai's or exotic drinks to sip while relaxing.

shir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast