Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals in Colorado

Thnx for the info Looks alot like Polyurea. Will look into it..

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Thnx for the info Looks alot like Polyurea. Will look into it..
    Yes, but you can apply it yourself which would keep the cost waaaaaaay down.

But could it be converted easily to a pool if sold? Wouldn't one have to clamp all the "penetrations" too? The treatment of a plastered pool takes maybe 10 days....may have to resurface it anyway....Still leaning that way cause I am basically lazy

Tosai
    But could it be converted easily to a pool if sold? Wouldn't one have to clamp all the "penetrations" too? The treatment of a plastered pool takes maybe 10 days....may have to resurface it anyway....Still leaning that way cause I am basically lazy
    Very easily. If you have specific questions for me Bob, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help you.
    Butch
    Pond Armor

Honmei
    As far as I know Pond Armor requires no clamping, you just paint it on. If you are going to plaster your pond first you should be able to paint the coating on over it.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by PondArmor View Post
    Very easily. If you have specific questions for me Bob, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to help you.
    Butch
    Pond Armor
    Hey Butch, did you have a tingling sensation or do you always know when you product is being discussed.LOL I looked up all your posts and the last time you appeared was in another thread that spoke about Pond Armor.

Tosai
    LOL Russell, well that's a trade secret man Realistically, I do watch all of this stuff because I want to let anyone new know I am here to help, should they require it. But I really try and not hijack any threads because that's just rude. So, if Bob needs any questions answered, at least he knows I am around.

FYI - I think my quickest reply to a post was something like 15 minutes to some forum over in Engalnd. The guy who started the thread sort of freaked out at how he had just posted and I stopped by to offer assistance should he need it. Any way, if you guys need anything just yell.
    Butch
    Pond Armor

Hi Butch,

Do you ever go by the alternate name "Big Brother"?

Your product is very interesting to me. I have been in contact with a number of people who have used plaster on their koi ponds/pools (or converted a pool to koi pond) and have somewhat of a "handle" on that part of the project. I had settled on it. But there has always been a slight question mark about plaster in my little brain. I am convinced I must have ADHD (Shila tells me )

Please help me understand more thoroughly (and any others reading this thread) what the process would be to cover the plaster with Pond Armor, and the reconversion process if changed back to a pool. Why would one use your product in this situation vs say the epoxy pool paint (or any "covering" of the plaster at all) available from big aquatic suppliers such as the one in Florida that I have used b4 which was quite easy.

Secondary line of questions might be.....what would it take after the fact to cover the plaster with pond armor. ie....what if the pond had the koi in it a year and then the change was made for whatever reason...

I seriously want to know the answers to these questions. TIA
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

There are more durable products now than just standard plaster. Read about Pozzolanic materials and how it helps Calcium Hydroxide problems, reduce leaching and so on. You might be able to kill two birds with one stone here. Set up an experimental tank using the best marble blend product and see how much leaching and water chemistry changes occur would be a good start.

Tosai
    Big Brother - that's a good one Currently Pond Shield epoxy is used for both ponds and pools. See our pictures page for examples. One of the issues with putting a render of some sort onto concrete is making sure the product adheres. Sometimes these fall off and cause more work later. Pond Shield is designed to bond to the concrete in such a manner that the tensile bond strength exceeds the internal strength of the concrete. This means that if you ever try and take Pond Shield off, the concrete will break apart first.

The difference between an epoxy from a local hardware store and Pond Shield is first Pond Shield is non-toxic even in its mixed uncured state. This way even if something had not cured up yet and you put water and fish in the pond, the coating would not harm them. Next is because it is 100% solids. It cures just as you applied it with no shrinkage or leaching of toxins into the water as many other types of epoxies will do. Shrinkage will also cause the coating to crack over time as well, which means potential leaks.

Applying Pond Shield is pretty simple. Take a look at our web site and click the Applying Pond Shield Epoxy link and you can see for yourself.
    If you have any other questions please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Butch
    Pond Armor

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast