Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals in Colorado

Thnx Larry.. I do get a good day now and then Course on the snowy way home from Denver I was starting to wonder....or today (snowing again after predicted 58F and uncovering of the qtanks on a whim this am b4 work...) who says God doesn't have a sense of humor

Bob, I love the Kohaku. Sounds like a great home for the new arrivals. Don't be like me and wait months after shooting the gunite if you plan to plaster. To save added expense, it's best to seal the pond quickly for best adhesion to the walls. By the way I believe that you said you were going to video tape the Matsunosuke Seminar. Did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rombold View Post
    Bob, I love the Kohaku. Sounds like a great home for the new arrivals. Don't be like me and wait months after shooting the gunite if you plan to plaster. To save added expense, it's best to seal the pond quickly for best adhesion to the walls. By the way I believe that you said you were going to video tape the Matsunosuke Seminar. Did you?
    Hi Richard,

We plan to plaster at this point. So I will check into the time difference between a and b. We are using a professional pool company to build the pond/pool from start to finish. Seal? Please explain what you mean there.

I did video the first day of the seminar, but at the beginning of day two, my dvd recorder decided not to read any of my 6 remaining new dvd's. So I just have my notes for that day. With the move, et al, have not gotten to that, but will try to soon. There were several others who did get all of both days...

Thnx for the nice comment on the Kohaku. She is even better in person, her nose is quite white (unlike the picture), and the skin quality and fukurin is vunderbar. She would like me to feed her, but I am resisting so far.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    New fish, New house, New pond... It ain't easy bein' you is it
    My goodness Larry, you must have never met the girl with the yellow fish.

I have seen Bob's Kohaku in person. It IS every bit as good as he has said. I saw her at Sakai's and then when she came in at Russ' shop. She never stressed over the whole shipping ordeal. The quality is really amazing!

Mike

[quote=Bob Winkler;79858]Hi Richard,

We plan to plaster at this point. So I will check into the time difference between a and b. We are using a professional pool company to build the pond/pool from start to finish. Seal? Please explain what you mean there.

Bob

I agree with Richard. Once the gunite has cured (usually 1 week) you want to put the plaster coating on ASAP. The adhesion of the plaster into the gunite will be far better this way. Otherwise, the gunite dries out too much and you don't get a good seal!Are you having color put into the plaster to make it like a black bottom pool?

Mike

Black as the, er, ace of spades Black tiles on the water line, and on the spillover "lips". To avoid questions on what a spillover lip is, this is essentially the "look" we are going for, but different colors and a fair bit of different details......

LOL Mickey, funny you should mention that at this time...when we moved last week we found the t-shirt I had made for Shila to wear in Phoenix in 2002...Haven't seen it in years...it says "The yellow fish is mine!" and on the back a picture of Akachan (baby) cause everybody kept telling me how much they liked "my" koi, when it was hers. This was the koi in question at the time. Yes, I am a lucky man
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Arrivals in Colorado-pond-desired-look-croppedsm.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-akachanbest0802.jpg  

Honmei
    Hi Bob,

You can plaster your gunnite in a week or four weeks, it doesn't really matter when. The key is to keep moisture in the gunnite so that the dry gunnite does not suck the plaster dry when it is applied. Most pools guys use a hose with many holes in it that they wrap around the pool to drip water on the gunnite while it cures. Gunnite will cure when it is wet.

I am glad to see that you fish have done well in their travels. I hate to tell you this, but your Koi got some snack food when they were at my store. I fed them a little bit every two to three days. I think that is why your Kohaku wants you to feed her.

Russ

It is easy to see she (and the others) have been spoilt...I will try and resist her considerable charms for the next few days, but I am a weak man...esp when it comes to koi

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Black as the, er, ace of spades Black tiles on the water line, and on the spillover "lips". To avoid questions on what a spillover lip is, this is essentially the "look" we are going for, but different colors and a fair bit of different details......

LOL Mickey, funny you should mention that at this time...when we moved last week we found the t-shirt I had made for Shila to wear in Phoenix in 2002...Haven't seen it in years...it says "The yellow fish is mine!" and on the back a picture of Akachan (baby) cause everybody kept telling me how much they liked "my" koi, when it was hers. This was the koi in question at the time. Yes, I am a lucky man
    Bob.

I've always liked the spillover/infinity edge look. Aren't you worried about containment of the koi, though? Are you taking any special precautions?

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast