Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals in Colorado

Dammit, that sucks! Has not been a very good year for me either, I feel your pain (albeit on a different scale..)...

The bridge collapse in Minnesota, among other events, have helped bring things back into perspective. Not over it by a long shot, but pressing on. Plaster now scheduled for next week, and starting to worry whether will have koi in the pond b4 the show. Here are pix from yesterday. Black tile and Plumbing nearly complete. a few odds and ends to go. The rest of the black part should be done today, and sat or monday the other tile and outside of the pond should be underway. The white "box" is the dehumidifier in one of it's possible positions. It is on rollers and can take up to 84 pints of water out a day. Copied from Lembke The water it extracts from the air drains back into the pond water and it throws off warm air. Drain lines for the 2 nexus and also for the main pond visible connected to a pump with a sight glass just b4 it.

Thnx again for all the good thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Arrivals in Colorado-080207-end-view-black-tile-almost-done.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-080207-filter-room-almost-complete-1.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-080207-filter-room-almost-complete-2.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-080207-drain-lines.jpg  
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    The bridge collapse in Minnesota, among other events, have helped bring things back into perspective. Not over it by a long shot, but pressing on. Plaster now scheduled for next week, and starting to worry whether will have koi in the pond b4 the show. Here are pix from yesterday. Black tile and Plumbing nearly complete. a few odds and ends to go. The rest of the black part should be done today, and sat or monday the other tile and outside of the pond should be underway. Drain lines for the 2 nexus and also for the main pond visible connected to a pump with a sight glass just b4 it.

Thnx again for all the good thoughts.

Cool setup Bob, as I am typing this my dad called and said I forgot to turn of the water to the pond again...whew!!! Well anyways, my main concern to the setup is the UV placement...I think maintance to the unit would be deficult later on...You know Bob, from here it looks like everything is on cruise control.

Actually looks harder in this pic than it really is, but couldn't find a better place, what with all the sh*&%#%^&*t going on over there

Hey Bob
    It's comming along very well! Remind me again what the total volume of water in the pond s going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    Hey Bob
    It's comming along very well! Remind me again what the total volume of water in the pond s going to be?

Thnx Erns Roughly 15,000 gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Actually looks harder in this pic than it really is, but couldn't find a better place, what with all the sh*&%#%^&*t going on over there
    Cool, well as long as it is easier for you to access...project is looking good..

By the way how much media are you goint to use in those "Bakki Shower" units?

Hi Bob

Haven't been on line all week and just got a chance to read the last 3 pages!

I know your pain. Feels like somebody punched you in the stomach. You feel nauseated and totally despondent at first. It'll take a while for you to get over it no matter what anyone tells you, but the good thing is, YOU WILL GET OVER IT!! You're whole being is entrenched in this hobby and it won't allow you to be down for long. As you have read, ALL of us have had something happen, usually more than once, that sets us back for a while. But like any fighter, when you get knocked to the canvas, you get up to throw the next punch! I know that's what you'll do - so know that something good will happen when that cloud over your head decides to depart and the sky lets the sun shine back into your life. Best of luck. Can't wait to see the pics of the new fish you get from Russ at the show. I'm sure there'll be some.

Best wishes to you and Shila

Regards

Mike

Jumbo
    Looking good Bob, can't wait to see it up and running.

Bob, I have been away from the computer for several days and just saw the last few days of this thread. I am really sorry for your loss.

You are a good man and teacher to share your experience with everyone. Others can and will benefit from your posts. Learning will come from your experiences both the good and the bad ones. Being able to carry on is what sets you apart as a top koi keepers. Hugs to Shelia.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast