Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals in Colorado

Nisai
    Hi Bob my Mom and I are drooling at your new pup. We were between getting newfoundlands and english bulldogs. We ended up with our newfies but our next favorite breed is bull dogs. Priscilla is insanely cute Now I just have to get my big brat to behave in the show ring
    Quote Originally Posted by BobWinkler View Post
    Finally a couple new pics... HGTV date is July/August....a saturday morning at 730 am.. which Saturday they will tell me soon.. Someone (Tony)asked about the new bully... here is Priscilla,.... 10 weeks.. Shila painted her nails hot pink... and here is a picture with my batteries almost out... Bramely training her to be a koi puppy.... better pictures by the weekend of the final pond, etc...

Argh...pictures not uploading... will have to try again later...time for work...

Ok.. had to call in a back up picture taken without looking by an unnamed house guest this past weekend....so at least you can get an idea of the lil bugga' which is buffalo'ing any who cross her

Tosai
    Thnx for the kind comments....here is the follow up pix...The mural is about 1/4 done. Val has spent 50 hours so far and anticipated approximately 200 hours total for the final result. The "gift" showa is now just over 19" and loves to eat. The fasting period will be good for her, as she is the fullest of the koi in the pond conformation wise....She reminds me of a maltese we used to have, as she is ravenous. and pushy...LOL

The protective "fence" is patterned after what we saw in Japan and at dealers here in the US. For a long time, we didn't have it on there, but one koi jumped out from the last group in without it on there. Luckily, the fish was saved, and the fence was up the next day. The reason for the delay was I was trying to figure out a better way to secure it. In the end, went with the way I had done it b4, which was to drill a hole in the tile and gunite, use a 1/2" electrical conduit length of about 10" as a "connector" in the hole, 3/4" PVC frame for landscape fabric and black zip ties to secure the fabric to the frame. Built in sections, it is easily removeable to the tile level and leaves not much evidence it was there during showing time.

More dog pictures... 1st one.. Bramely showing the brat 'the way". Then them looking for the koi as they swam away. Still not sure she ever saw the koi, she is not quite tall enough yet But soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-otsuka-showa-19.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-011408-final-house-sm.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-protective-fence.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-fence-section-sm.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-fence-pole-hole.jpg  

New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-bramely-teaching-priscilla-about-koi.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-020108-whered-they-go.jpg  

Talking Nice growth

Bob, that "gift" Showa is sure coming into its own....................................Oh the "brat" sure is cute.......................................

I can't believe the growth on the gift Showa...good grief! Still looks really good, though. I guess we picked a decent koi? You know you're going to hurt that cute little girl's feelings calling her the "brat" that way. Good thing she's got my buddy Bramely to show her the ropes.

We have an Airing Date for HGTV

Well, good things eventually sometimes come to those who wait There's a definate maybe

The production folks from HGTV have let us know the air date for the pond construction build of our pond. For those interested, it is planned to be on Saturday August 9, at 6:30 am on New Spaces. That is the name of the "program" on HGTV. We haven't seen our program yet, they like to keep the subjects in suspense too, but they say we will like it. 70 plus hours of taping for 22 min of show. It should be repeated after that too, but not sure of the dates and times for that. Set your TIVO Like the song says "Write this Down"
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

KUUUUUUUUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DW and I were just talking about it the other day Been looking forward to it for a long time now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Well, good things eventually sometimes come to those who wait There's a definate maybe

The production folks from HGTV have let us know the air date for the pond construction build of our pond. For those interested, it is planned to be on Saturday August 9, at 6:30 am on New Spaces. That is the name of the "program" on HGTV. We haven't seen our program yet, they like to keep the subjects in suspense too, but they say we will like it. 70 plus hours of taping for 22 min of show. It should be repeated after that too, but not sure of the dates and times for that. Set your TIVO Like the song says "Write this Down"

Alright!!!! Uhmmm can you please remind us again when this date is close to showing? I'm getting old in my days and don't have that good of a short term memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Alright!!!! Uhmmm can you please remind us again when this date is close to showing? I'm getting old in my days and don't have that good of a short term memory.
    OLD... You are just a young pup. The short term memory loss is a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by smithvillemike View Post
    OLD... You are just a young pup. The short term memory loss is a personal choice.
    mike,

gotta remember that asian look much younger than our actual age.

saying this, i'm putting this on my calendar as i don't have tivo

duc

Looking forward to seeing the special Bob. Of course seeing it in person was real cool. It will be interesting to see how they put the show together.

Daniel

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast