Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals in Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Back from the OKC show and I wake up to this......I've seen this movie
    It's this damn global warming I tell ya. Gotta get Algore signed on as a technical adviser on your pond build weather forcast

Quote Originally Posted by cppond View Post
    Bob -

Do you know for which program HGTV is filming your project?

Thnx for all the "commiseration" Now you know why we are going indoors... More pictures to post later today... Much of of the outer walls and steel are formed and backfill complete..

This project will be on "New Spaces" on HGTV. They say it will air about a year from now, which coincidentally is when I bet the project may be complete...(Actually planned to be mid july 2007, but when it snows I don't see how.).

Al Gore. Don't get me started

feeling a little safer now..Starting to see final shape. Now we can see the upper spillway into the pond and the outside of the lower spillway for the infinity edge. plumbing and forming the rest of the lower spillway is next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Arrivals in Colorado-051007-forming-steel.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-051007-forming-upper-spill-way.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-51207-drains-steel.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-051207-backfill-complete-view.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-051207-filter-layout.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    feeling a little safer now..Starting to see final shape. Now we can see the upper spillway into the pond and the outside of the lower spillway for the infinity edge. plumbing and forming the rest of the lower spillway is next.

Very nice, Bob. Thanks for showing us your progress.

So now that things are starting to look up, are you getting washed away this morning or is that just Denver?

No, last night and today it's been raining cats, dogs, and small farm animals....Lovin' Life The last 5 years Colorado has been in a drought.. This year it is safe to say we are out of that trend....

Sansai
    Bob,
    Make sure to give us a reminder when that show is about to air.

Talk about some insane weather. From a few feet of snow to shorts and tee shirts in a day or two. No wonder you are going indoors. Keep us updated on the progess as the weather alows.

ok after a 3 day weather delay, some work started again today. The blocks are forming the south wall of the pond, the infinity edge into the catch basin. This area between the blocks and foundation wall will be filled with compacted dirt. They had to do this because they would not be able to get their forms out in that area after gunite is shot. After some discussion, it was decided to make the catch basin ~3' deep, instead of the originally planned 1' depth. The block height show about where the bottom of the catch basin will be. The concern was the volume of water (~9000 gph) that would be removed from this area and not much reserve. A whirlpool effect might occur and sound bad, or suck the area dry. So it may not be the best play area for the bulldogs now , but conversely might make a good tosai pond. Should be about 850 gallons in that area. I can apparently rationalize anything. Maybe I can make a "shelf" in case the dogs get in. There will be a step at each side of the catch basin for safety. You can see that the DOT is not the only ones with graffiti artist problems.

More steel work is visible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Arrivals in Colorado-051607-wall-started.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-051607-wall-started-more-steel.jpg   New Arrivals in Colorado-051607-wall-started-top-view.jpg  
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

looking good Bob

btw; it was nice meeting you at Kevin's last month.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast