Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: 2007 Denver Koi Show

2007 Denver Koi Show

Jan Thompson and I are happy to announce the 2007 18th Annual Rocky Mountain Koi Show in Denver. It will be held August 18 and 19, 2007. Last year we had over 200 fish and 15 vendors. Visitors and exhibitors from Colorado, California, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada, Kentucky, and more. We are planning on an even bigger event this year. HGTV is scheduled to come as a part of a feature they are doing on some obscure new indoor pond build. Can't remember whose pond that is.... It is again at Tagawa Garden Center, and we have the flow through water system for the best possible water quality. Details are available on the koi clubs web site. www.rmkc.or g . I have attached our koi pin and show poster with Carolyn Swanson's Koda Kohaku GC from last year. We have a 4 foot tall traveling trophy with all the GC's, breeders, and owners of the past 17 years' shows and we are also working on an AKCA award for the clubs history.

I am trying to figure out how to work a 3 pond tour into the weekend's packed activities. Ours, Ray Armstrongs and Larry Widemire's. Ray's is well pubilicized, Larry's is 40,000 gallons and really cool, and ours is in progress (to be completed in July or so-pix forthcoming to a Koi Bito BBS near you). These are located in Colorado Springs, about an hour or so from the show site. Hope to see all you Bito-ites there.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

I"ve got it on my calendar already, and I'm going to try very, very hard to make it. I've heard how good your show is!

Glad you made it home ok, Bob!

Bob-

You also had two visitors from Kentucky last year. Great show. Impressive oxygen delivery system. Much to see in the greenhouses including bonsai.

Thnx Lynda! You too! Enjoyed finally meeting you!

Mike...Ack! Of course, we had the best fish wranglers last year.... Hopefully a repeat performance this year on that score

Bob

Dan and I are trying to schedule your event into our busy calendar so we can return the favor. Would love to come up and see your show. I know Russ is already planning on it. Just have to wait til next month to book the flight. Southwest is introducing a new direct flight to Denver at only $79 each way. Can't beat that! Hope to see you then and BTW, Thanks so much for judging our show. You all did a fabulous job. I sure hope you had as much fun as I did!

See you soon

Mike

Bob, wish you guys much success with the show. Keokoi sent me a pic of the venue and I have to say it is one nice place...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2007 Denver Koi Show-bw.jpg  

Green with envy...

I don't see much of a chance for us to make it this year but I sure wish we could... If the rest of your club is filled with people like you, Jan, and Scott, it would definitely be a great time
    It was great to meet you all and we'll be looking forward to hearing and seeing more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Bob, wish you guys much success with the show. Keokoi sent me a pic of the venue and I have to say it is one nice place...
    Aaaa...that blackmail pic again....one never knows whom one might run into there.. maybe even you Antonio

Larry.. enjoyed meeting u too... hopefully catch up again at a koi event.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Aaaa...that blackmail pic again....one never knows whom one might run into there.. maybe even you Antonio
    I just see friendly Mr. Bob Winkler give some koi pointers to a novice koi person...

Anyways, much such success to your show and hope to see in NorCal again.