Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Koi

New Koi

Not my koi, but i help pick them for my friend tell me what do you think about them .
    shusui is mine ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Koi-img_3201.jpg   New Koi-img_3198.jpg   New Koi-img_3218.jpg   New Koi-img_3208.jpg  

Tosai
    Hi What's that yellow fish? Is that an Ogon?
    Good fishes!

A nice group for a colorful pond. The Showa has a nice pattern. The Sumi appears to be weak quality. The Kohaku will not improve. The goal is to maintain what you see through excellent water management. The yellow one has deep color. Unclear just what it is. I would like a better view of the pectorals and the darker areas within the yellow... If it does not darken, this is the one that will bring lasting enjoyment. The Shusui has decent scale alignment. Kept in soft water, you'll learn a lot from it on color pression in the Asagi-Shusui group. If in hard water, darkening discoloration may occur that will ruin the beauty of it. This does not always occur, but often does in hard water.

almost looks like ( the yellow one) a cross between a kigoi and chagoi. I've never seen a kigoi with net pattern but the koi is very attractive....and yes I see the attraction in your lil "tancho" shusui....thanks for posting

Fry
    nice fish, love the netting pattern on the chagoi, your shusui is so adorable ..

showa n chagoi used to be my fish, kohaku is from ogata still under quarantine .
    the green yellowish koi is a chagoi ( kawarimono ) very common to have this kind of colour chagoi here in Indonesia, but i understand it's very rare in other country even Japan .
    my friend have a huge 150 ton pond with only 11 koi, my shusui is now a resident on his pond , because i know that the high tds n overstocking in my pond will eventually ruin such a beautifull koi .
    i'm now considering to give away some of my koi to a few hobbyist, anyone interested ?

Tosai
    11 kois in a 150 ton pond..., that means I have over stocked my 70 ton ponds. I have 23 in it!
    Maybe I have to also start re-selecting the kois and keep only the best ones I can obtain.

How you calculate the volume vs the qnty of koi? one koi for 10 tons?
    Maybe this is why my pond is now get brown at day light even it's clear at night.

Quote Originally Posted by blewuk View Post
    11 kois in a 150 ton pond..., that means I have over stocked my 70 ton ponds. I have 23 in it!
    Maybe I have to also start re-selecting the kois and keep only the best ones I can obtain.

How you calculate the volume vs the qnty of koi? one koi for 10 tons?
    Maybe this is why my pond is now get brown at day light even it's clear at night.
    23 koi in a 70 ton pond, that's nothing mate how about 61 koi in a 30 ton pond .
    in theory i could only have 30 koi in my pond, that's why i want to sell some of my koi, but i'm having trouble to decide to cull even 10 koi let alone 31 ..

Quote Originally Posted by wibowo View Post
    23 koi in a 70 ton pond, that's nothing mate how about 61 koi in a 30 ton pond .
    in theory i could only have 30 koi in my pond, that's why i want to sell some of my koi, but i'm having trouble to decide to cull even 10 koi let alone 31 ..
    That's always a tough decision. Decide the direction you want to go with your existing fish and see what fits the bill. Then make your decisions. Seems a little less painful that way. It's also easier if you can entrust them to someone you know has a good system for them to enjoy.

Mike

Tosai
    Yeah..., I think it's better we think carefuly before decide to buy more.
    BTW, what's the rule of thumb on volume Vs Koi qnty?

I've heard its 1 koi per ton, not per 10 ton, I mean fully grown koi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast