Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omosako Shiro Utsuri

Omosako Shiro Utsuri

Hi All,

This is an Omosako Shiro Tosai 28cm, I woud like to hear some comments from expert here. TQ.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omosako Shiro Utsuri-shiro15-omosako-28cm.jpg  

Gorgeous Sumi! I'll not comment further now.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Gorgeous Sumi! I'll not comment further now.
    Thanks Mike, This female shiro's Oyagoi/parent is Musashi. I plan to purchase it for a mud pond grow to see how the sumi is going to develop, but before that, it would be appreciated if some expert here can give your 2 cents worth of comment about her.

Jumbo
    This fish appears to be winter grown/finished. I did this to one, had it plumped up nicer though, and as soon as it hit bigger water...sumi....gone. May not get to see it this year, so I can't give the next chapter.

right now it looks like a bekko but i guess you'll just have to wait

Thanks for the response. Here are few Shiro from Omosako, which one do you think the best and also compared to the 1st shiro posted. TQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omosako Shiro Utsuri-shiro03-omosako-24cm.jpg   Omosako Shiro Utsuri-shiro12-omosako-26cm.jpg   Omosako Shiro Utsuri-shiro13-omosako-24cm.jpg  

Fry

Smile omosako tosai

tosai no 12 gets my vote it seems to have great potential as a show fish my reason are firstly great pattern a good balance of sumi and not all off the sumi is through yet and a good clear head this is a quality fish?.

paul.

I like your original koi posted. good choice. see the black in the dorsal? that will appear later to surface on the back itself and create what is referred to as a "saddle" an important component to stabile the pattern.

Joel Burkhardt at pan intercorp has a nozomi koi show in june and Omosako's 2nd son is coming to talk about their shiro's. For people in the pacific NW will be something you'll want to get to. Lots of info on pan's web site.

Weesec01: Folks seem to be intimidated by your challenge. I'll stick my neck out. The first one seems to have the best skin/shiro. The second has the best pattern. The third... is there because you wanted to post 3 fish??? Of these, the best for the "wow" factor will be the first one. Sumi will come eventually and likely will be excellent. The lucky owner will have to be very patient. Personally, I would have a difficult time choosing for my own pond. The balanced pattern of the second will give a lot of viewing pleasure, even if a runner-up at a show. ...I find it interesting how the sumi is coming in on the second and third ones. It is filling the scales in one of the conventional Utsuri processes. The sumi may be excellent, but it is showing its genetic roots.

Now, compared to the one you initially posted, I would select it over the 3 because the shiroji is in the same league as the first in the trio, but the sumi is showing enough to give assurance of lacquer black. I have no idea about what the comparison will be in 4 years, so I'd take the risk-avoidant choice.

All of this is a bit of guessing, because photos simply cannot show what can be seen in person. I'm hoping you have some more recent photos to show us how the 3 developed.

Nisai
    all the shiro you posted have excellent skin quality, if picture don't lie. As far as pattern, please check this two show prized fish: one have a Y and black on their mouth, one do not have the Y but have just black on his mouth. make your own judment , which one do you like. Dont's seem like all your posted fish have these both characters which is a text book requirements for excellent shiro. Shiro is not very hard to find, if i was you i hold my dog and wait. the process of hunting your fish, as Mr Dick said, as enjoyement as getting one.thank for asking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast