Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Term "Koi Kichi".

Nisai

Term "Koi Kichi".

Can someone be "Koi Kichi" if one doesn't have a pond? I find that 100% of the study of koi is from one's own experience with their koi and pond.

Smile

when we got Puget Sound Koi Club up and running one of our officers for years never built a pond or owned a koi. Loved the hobby, worked hard at contributing but never built a koi pond. Jim was Koi Kichii alright...just lived the hobby vicariously thru other's ponds....

Daihonmei
    Koi Kichi, coined in the west by Peter Waddington, is a Japanese descriptive term for a ' koi maniac'. Meaning some one who is completely obsessed with koi. If the shoe or 'sandal' fits------

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    when we got Puget Sound Koi Club up and running one of our officers for years never built a pond or owned a koi. Loved the hobby, worked hard at contributing but never built a koi pond. Jim was Koi Kichii alright...just lived the hobby vicariously thru other's ponds....
    Thats just plain weird to me. It's like being a stamp collector without owning any stamps?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Thats just plain weird to me. It's like being a stamp collector without owning any stamps?!?!
    It's not weird, it's just stupid. Atleast my one koi friend has a tank to keep koi and he wins shows with the fish in that damn tank...One thing I do like is the "bandwagon" aspect of being koi-kichi.

I was trying to be nice!!!LOL!! Next, he's going to start going to PTA meetings..even though he doesn't have any kids..LOL!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    I was trying to be nice!!!LOL!! Next, he's going to start going to PTA meetings..even though he doesn't have any kids..LOL!!! ROFLMAO!!!
    Next thing you know we'll have koi judges who no pond....

Jumbo
    Doesn't sound weird to me. The fish are intoxicating. Check out the posts of AkaiSan, mostly before you were here Brutuszki, who called himself the No Pond Newbie. He is now living in Japan instead of Hawaii and may have a pond. Many many discussions started with his enthusiastic questions. A koi kichi without a pond.

GoldMT is planning out a 100,000g pond in Washington state, doesn't have one now. Little crazy. Like twisted man. In a knot.

Where you been Tonio?

Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    Doesn't sound weird to me. The fish are intoxicating. Check out the posts of AkaiSan, mostly before you were here Brutuszki, who called himself the No Pond Newbie. He is now living in Japan instead of Hawaii and may have a pond. Many many discussions started with his enthusiastic questions. A koi kichi without a pond.

GoldMT is planning out a 100,000g pond in Washington state, doesn't have one now. Little crazy. Like twisted man. In a knot.

Where you been Tonio?
    I have been working, studying koi and goldfish and planning my next trip to Japan this fall. I have to say thou Mickey, I have enjoyed the last few weeks without the BS of the koi club here in NorCal and I feel as thou koi is more interesting again. Well anyways, hope to see you again in NorCal.

Mickey...seems we have someone in common. Talked to Steve Stone..says he hung with you. He's a great guy...kind of my koi mentor in Ct. Learned a great deal from him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast