Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worth it to show? Inazuma Kohaku

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by KoiCop View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Mojo . . . but I'm 60 years old, set in my ways and I'm not changing.

I tend to speak my mind and I'm comfortable enough in it to call them as I see them.

Now if what you're looking for is a board with lots of members -- and politeness police, too -- well, I think I can find an URL for you (dang . . . where'd it go?).

But if you want a knowledgeable board with a little adult give-and-take, then stick around. Hopefully we'll all learn something.
    You are 60, i'm 65, at our age, we should know that the message can only reach people ears when it transfer nicely, Sorry that i have to call you those words, but follow you thread since long time, my respect with you just slowly disappear, Until you abuse young and old member too much, then i have to let you know, Sure that as anybody, i'm looking for a nice board with good nice people, you happen too old to change, and so do i, next time if you keep abusing your language, i will let you know. thanks for the reply

Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    at our age, we should know that the message can only reach people ears when it transfer nicely,
    I have been "nicely" to Eric in thread, in PM and was happy to make an effort to be nice to him in person. All my efforts were wasted.There were many energeticly generous, helpful efforts by the folks here, ignored and discarded almost 100%. Something wrong with the kid's ears?

I have a granddaughter, Queen Bee, who is two years younger than he is. She knows the difference between goofing with her buds and speaking as an adult, with adults.

Eric, take it to a show if you like. I don't care. Enter some online koi show maybe.
    Mickey the windowman, the world is a very big place.

Aquitori says Keokoi says "even sun shines on dogs ass..." so I say... Buy Ugly Early.

ppp
    I'm relatively new to the hobby as well as to koi forums. I think Bito prides itself as a (THE?) forum for the more serious hobbyist. What senior posters like to see is the DESIRE to learn. This is not to say that you need to have super koi in your pond to post here. Rather, this is a resource for more serious hobbyists to learn and develop their passion for koi.

A poster who has a few thousand posts to his credit across various forums, yet still asking very basic fundamental questions, appears to the more senior and serious posters as someone who is either not serious enough to absorb the mountains of knowledge available in these forums, or doesn't read anyone else's posts if it's more than 2 sentences long.

the message can only reach people ears when it transfer nicely.
    Sorry, Moho, but I've been there, done that and couldn't agree with you less.

It's an unfortunate fact, but some folks don't learn from their mistakes; some folks don't respond to nice; some folks can't read dropped clues; some folks don't respond to friendly suggestions; some folks don't follow unambiguous directions; and some folks refuse to obey clear cut orders.

Now, let's get back to regular programming.

If people think this board is brutal, they havent been to Rafflesgold where opinions a very open and upfront.

You are 60, i'm 65, at our age, we should know that the message can only reach people ears when it transfer nicely, Sorry that i have to call you those words, but follow you thread since long time, my respect with you just slowly disappear, Until you abuse young and old member too much, then i have to let you know, Sure that as anybody, i'm looking for a nice board with good nice people, you happen too old to change, and so do i, next time if you keep abusing your language, i will let you know. thanks for the reply
    they're old...we're young we can still change...no offense to you old guys of course. it's better to learn than be ignorant

[quote=mojo;82991]You are 60, i'm 65, at our age, we should know that the message can only reach people ears when it transfer nicely,

Well I am 70 so I have to have your respect , I am a retired tool and die maker but have designed and build my own house as well as numerous ponds . I have 2 indoor ponds 8000 GAL as well as well as a mud pond in my garden . I have kept koi for 15 years . It is my experience that the people who never achived anything in their lives that have the most to say . They are not like us and do not understand what nice is . I call them juvinile delinquents and you should not be offending senior distinguished members to defend them . Sorry but I hope you now better understand you might be the same when you reach 70
    Regards
    Eugene

are you saying that you cannot teach old dogs new tricks?

it seems to me there is a history behind the emotional aspect of it and I am not familiar with it but I do think everyone is capable of being nice and treat others with respect. it's just what they chose to do.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bimbo22 View Post
    they're old...we're young we can still change...no offense to you old guys of course. it's better to learn than be ignorant

Honmei

Kohaku??????????

Hey, isn't this thread about a Kohaku?

Ok???

lidude, I admire your excitement of koi at such a young age...... I think it may be a good idea to properly post you pics in order to receive a fair judgment.

Respect those who have dedicated years to the hobby and take their advice. Many personalities here and most people seem to have a sincere message to help your will to understand the hobby.

This board has a vast amount of interactive koi knowledge. Take what you can from it. If you stay in the hobby for years to come you will have learned very much. If you make it to 70 or beyond and still collect koi remember how you fell now when some little dude asks you a question about the koi hobby. That time may arrive in the new 60's for you (2065 or so). Remember time moves fast, an old but true cliche.........

Go to the show, with or without the koi. Learn as a student of koi. Watch the people who judge the koi. Ask many questions.........Think about those answers.........Be patient and enjoy yourself. After all this hobby is first and foremost a hobby to pleasure our imagination. Enjoy it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast