Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New limited shipment of Izeki at ENKOI...

Thumbs up New limited shipment of Izeki at ENKOI...

New limited shipment of Izeki at ENKOI is in...so if any hobbyist are looking for Izeki products give Eastern a call...

Tosai

Is Izeki really worth the purchase?

Hi Aquitori, do you know if Izeki is really worth the purchase at $125/5kg? Also, do you know much about this stuff? I am currently looking for a feeding regimen/product that will really make my koi grow since I only have a few short growing months in the Pacific Northwest. I am using Aqua Master growth right now and I don't think that my koi are growing as fast as I would like them to. Your input is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LammiKoi View Post
    Hi Aquitori, do you know if Izeki is really worth the purchase at $125/5kg? Also, do you know much about this stuff? I am currently looking for a feeding regimen/product that will really make my koi grow since I only have a few short growing months in the Pacific Northwest. I am using Aqua Master growth right now and I don't think that my koi are growing as fast as I would like them to. Your input is much appreciated.
    Well if you have a very short growing season, then I wouldnt expect a drastic increase in growth to begin with. Izeki, is a paste food high in protein, in fact majority of the protein is chicken meal if I am not mistaken. Here in California we have a good growing season up to 4 months of the year and in SoCal even longer. I would say if your growing season is longer than 2 or 3 months out of the year then I would buy the product, because you can see the difference in size and condition during the colder months goin into winter. Kinda pricey, but I saw worth it if you can afford it.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

in order for increased protein % to work, you must have the ability to control your heat in the pond. A koi's metabolism is based on temperature. Simply buying the best and feeding it won't help grow your koi if they can't digest it.
    I feed my outside pond now at 68 F saki-hikari all seasons . My inside pond at 74 F ( yes it's heated) gets saki-hikari growth

Novice Experience

I've been using Saki-Hikari Growth along with a little Dainichi Growth Plus (I like the Montmorillionite in it.) and Hikari Wheat Germ mixed in for variety/easy digestion. I also occasionaly feed OSI Blueberry Gourmet treats or Spirulina/Veggie.

The one year olds I purchased have made some wonderful improvements. My koi have really filled out and grown lengthwise too. Even they're skin quality seems to be better.

Tosai
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Well if you have a very short growing season, then I wouldnt expect a drastic increase in growth to begin with. Izeki, is a paste food high in protein, in fact majority of the protein is chicken meal if I am not mistaken. Here in California we have a good growing season up to 4 months of the year and in SoCal even longer. I would say if your growing season is longer than 2 or 3 months out of the year then I would buy the product, because you can see the difference in size and condition during the colder months goin into winter. Kinda pricey, but I saw worth it if you can afford it.
    Thank you for your guys' input. Dang, your post makes me wanna pack up the wife and kids and move to SoCal just so I can be closer to you gurus and raise 260 lb koi!

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Since you recommend Izeki aquitori what is your feeding regimen when you use it if you don't mind sharing? I posted earlier as to what I am doing right now. I was thinking of supplementing - every other day switch between Saki-Hikari/Dainichi/etc. and Izeki. What do you think? I am also concerned about whether Izeki's efficicacy or indeed the koi's digestion of Izeki will be adversely affected by 86-90 F water temperatures. I have a long growing season 8+ months.

Another Question for Aquitori

I know EN's site says that the paste food is not subjected to high temps, but is the fish and chicken meal pre-processed using high heat? Also, what is Amid Nicotine acid and how is it good for koi? I'd be nervous feeding my koi anything that said Nicotine in the ingredients. I'm hoping your an Izeki Oracle aquitori and can answer my questions. Thanx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by evabug1 View Post
    I know EN's site says that the paste food is not subjected to high temps, but is the fish and chicken meal pre-processed using high heat? Also, what is Amid Nicotine acid and how is it good for koi? I'd be nervous feeding my koi anything that said Nicotine in the ingredients. I'm hoping your an Izeki Oracle aquitori and can answer my questions. Thanx in advance!
    Amind Nicotine acid is another word for Niacin...which is found in animal products...Most dry koi foods contain Niacin...Am I an Oracle for Izeki, no just one who believes in a product and have seen the difference in my fish to continue using the product...

Also just a not for those who want to use this product...this product contain beef bile...Why? it helps aid in digestion...

Hi Tony,
    Have used and still using the product. Last year bought 8 fish from Kevin of Genki for ABAKS at 5 to 6 inches. Entered 3 of the same batch of fish at Sacramento Koi Show. Guess what's the length 12 to 13 inches. Fed them izeki paste food for 3 months.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast