Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: melaleuca tea tree oil and your opinion

Tosai

Check is in the mail!

Do you take checks for that co-pay, check is in the mail!!

We used Lamasi for nail fungus too, if it was stubborn we referred out to you guys, podiatry. We are IM, your wonderful Internal Medicine docs, usually also your PCP's. The doctor is work for get woozy easy, I know, wrong profession, he mostly refers off any thing like that. Good thing he didn't pick general or neuro surgery as his specialty. Great doctor, just very woozy with body fluid other than blood. Usually I treat the patients as he can be picky sometimes. Great doctor just had a bad stomach, for that stuff.
    Thanks for the help, I am trying to make sure my "pond's" Rx cabinet has all I need, or more importantly all they need. (The fish). Trying to be prepared and still new and learning, as we are taught one ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    As always I appreciate any and all info. you guys are great, great teachers. You guys fill in where the books can't and don't. You guys help me learn, they are no different than people that what works for one, may not work for another. To just find what works for you, and not cause harm in doing so. I hope I always end with the last face, a smile not an "oh no, or oh bleep" face! I know in a perfect world.........
    Thanks,
    Carrie

A little feedback please...

Found this on the web (I know, you can find ANY THING on the web).
    IF this is factual, how much of it would have any benefit to Koi as medication. The only thing I see that I recognize as being of likely relevance is Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, but I'm not a Koi Doctor, and I don't play one on T.V.

Tea Tree Oil is Effective Against

Gram Positive bacteria: Staphyloccus aureus, Staphyloccus epidermidis, Staphyloccus pneumoniae, Staphyloccus faecalis, Staphyloccus pyrogenes, Staphyloccus agalactiae, Propioni-bacterium acnes, Betahaemolytic streptococcus.
    Gram Negative bacteria: Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniac, Citrobactor ssp, Shigella sonnei, Proteus mirabilis, Legionella ssp, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
    Fungi: Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Trichophyton rubrum, Aspergillus niger,, Aspergillus flavus, Candida albicans, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Thermoactinomycetes vulgaris.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Larry . . .

Sorry, but not true. Even Doc J, who has chosen to endorse Melafix on his website, has tested it and found that it has no anti-bacterial properties.

As for being effective against a fungus like Sap, I wouldn't bet a plugged wooden nickel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Found this on the web (I know, you can find ANY THING on the web).
    IF this is factual, how much of it would have any benefit to Koi as medication. The only thing I see that I recognize as being of likely relevance is Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, but I'm not a Koi Doctor, and I don't play one on T.V.

Tea Tree Oil is Effective Against

Gram Positive bacteria: Staphyloccus aureus, Staphyloccus epidermidis, Staphyloccus pneumoniae, Staphyloccus faecalis, Staphyloccus pyrogenes, Staphyloccus agalactiae, Propioni-bacterium acnes, Betahaemolytic streptococcus.
    Gram Negative bacteria: Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniac, Citrobactor ssp, Shigella sonnei, Proteus mirabilis, Legionella ssp, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
    Fungi: Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Trichophyton rubrum, Aspergillus niger,, Aspergillus flavus, Candida albicans, Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum, Thermoactinomycetes vulgaris.
    I wish it was effective against those things!! It would make my job a great deal easier. Any time you see a medication that treats too many things, it's time to be suspicious!! Either it is a load of B.S....or so strong, it will damage the patient as well.

Melafix is a good product as long as you don't expect too much from it. It acts as a balm, helping to seal a wound as the tissue repairs itself. Use it in this manner and you won't be disappointed.

We have lamisil pills
    I don't hate discolored toenails enough to use a systemic treatment which could damage liver function - even here in the land of ubiquitous slippers where everyone you meet can inspect your feet. Still looking for something topical.

-ste veh opk

Pretty much what I figured.

That info did obviously come from a site that SELLS the stuff, and the claims seemed pretty potent, hence the big "IF" in my post

bumpity-bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12