Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Showa...More Showas

Kindai aren't really my cup of tea, but of the two I prefer the one on the left. It looks to have more sumi potential to fill in the blanks long term.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Kindai aren't really my cup of tea, but of the two I prefer the one on the left. It looks to have more sumi potential to fill in the blanks long term.
    Exactly my feelings as some look like sanke so you might as well have a sanke
    Regards
    Eugene

Hi Koimann, both are very nice showa and I wouldn't mind having either one of them in my pond. But since this is a forum and you asked for our critique I would choose koi #1. My rationales are as follows: better shiroji; nice sumi; conformation good but not as good as koi #2. If I had to guess I would say that both of these koi are most likely to be females (even pectoral rays and broad shoulders).

If you don't mind me asking, Koimann, where did you purchase the koi? Also, I assume that Dainichi is the breeder of these koi.

Questions for the showa connoisseur:

1. We have had numerous discussions on the type of shiroji that we look for in a koi. Which shiroji is better for now? And which one is better for the future?

2. I noticed that the skin of the head and especially the fins of koi #2 is not clear. Considering these are early nisai, would this influence our selection and would the cream color become clear over time?

Nice fish.

The difference in the perceived quality of the shiro between the two koi (that some have mentioned) could easily be accounted for by the difference in the lighting between the two pix. Remember: We're looking at pix, here, not fish.

As for the cream head on #2, that's not a problem for me.

I'd take koi #2 over koi #1 based on better bone structure and what I feel will be a more dramatic presentation when it matures.

Of course, with showa like these who really knows what's going to happen?

i personally like the one on the left but...junichi do u see something some of us are missing on the koi on the right???

I also agree in gneral both showas are nice. For long term with patience I think the showa on the right would have great future potential.

Just got this Dainichi showa today,16months old and 45cm.Its showa and more showas again...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showa...More Showas-dainichi-45cm-sept.jpg   Showa...More Showas-dainichi-showa-no13-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Koimann View Post
    Here are 2 tosai showas around 40cm...Pls feel free to comment and which 1 do you prefer and why.
    Here an updated picture of the showa on the right.She is now 46cm at 15months old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showa...More Showas-dainichi-showa-46cm-oct.jpg  

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Koimann View Post
    Here an updated picture of the showa on the right.She is now 46cm at 15months old.
    You can see improvement in the skin quality. It is thicker on the head and it is becoming more white. Looks good.

Took some pictures of the showa on the left yesterday.She is 55cm now.Pls feel free to comment on her progress....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showa...More Showas-dainichi-dec07.jpg   Showa...More Showas-dainichi-dec07-b.jpg  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast