Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Showa...More Showas

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Koimann View Post
    Took some pictures of the showa on the left yesterday.She is 55cm now.Pls feel free to comment on her progress....
    It is coming along very nicely b ut, the only concern I have is its head. It seems from the pictures that it it too narrow and pointed. Is it just the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    It is coming along very nicely b ut, the only concern I have is its head. It seems from the pictures that it it too narrow and pointed. Is it just the pictures?
    I noticed that too.But looking at the actual fish,the head seems fine.Will wait and see in a few months time the progress.

My problem with the one on the right is the lack of sumi on the head. Maybe it will come in...or you might never see it happen. Because of this...I would choose the one on the left. Looking good!!!
    This is my 14inch male showa from Dainichi. Still in quarantine for the winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Showa...More Showas-showadainichi1.jpg  

Sansai
    I love showas, thank for the updates I am trying to follow as many as I can to learn. I really like that Dainichi showa, the 16 inch one.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    My problem with the one on the right is the lack of sumi on the head. Maybe it will come in...or you might never see it happen. Because of this...I would choose the one on the left. Looking good!!!
    It looks like a male Brutuscz.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscz View Post
    Nice looking male showa.Thinking of showing it for future?Dainichi showas this year are very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Koimann View Post
    Nice looking male showa.Thinking of showing it for future?Dainichi showas this year are very good!
    I am planning on doing a show in june. I don't think this guy will be ready though. I need to fatten him up a whee bit. I have 4 showa...so, whoever looks best in june gets the nod.

The first Showa is my favorite. It has a wonderful shiroji ground (nice and thick luminous skin) to show off her colors which will balance out nicely when the sumi comes up and a nice muscular frame that will fill out with age. I'm betting it'll be a bigger fish when grown than the second one too.

Marie

Now that I've read to the end of the thread, I see the first Showa is progressing just the way I expected her to. And it wasn't the lighting that made her shiroji look whiter than the second--you can tell by the first pics that Showa #2 had thinner more translucent skin on her head. So Showa #1 still remains my favorite and I'm looking forward to more pics as they progress.

Thanks for the updates!
    Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Sangreaal View Post
    Now that I've read to the end of the thread, I see the first Showa is progressing just the way I expected her to. And it wasn't the lighting that made her shiroji look whiter than the second--you can tell by the first pics that Showa #2 had thinner more translucent skin on her head. So Showa #1 still remains my favorite and I'm looking forward to more pics as they progress.

Thanks for the updates!
    Marie
    Thanks Marie.Will update her progress in bout 5months time from now..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast