Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Momotaro Bakki Shower

Quote Originally Posted by dubtaco View Post
    Sorry to steal your thunder, I was excited about it when I saw the pics!
    No Problem. I will be glad to try and answer your question, and if I can't get it, I can ask Momotaro.

So I guess (I'm speculating here) that there is no need for multiple trays as there is enough air through the unit therefore eliminating the need for the air gap between the trays?

Possibly because the water spilling into the tray is pulling the air down with it?
    Or there is enough space that there is no need for additional air?

Has anyone heard the difference in the amount of noise the multiple tray one vs the single huge tray one makes?

many moons ago when the bakki first cane out

I redesigned it and had some made at 1/3 scale to "play" with. I use BH filter media . It has been a good unit and over the years I break a piece of media in half and smell it to make sure it's not packinging and souring and it isn't.
    I think for indoor or protected ponds this "couldbe" cooling tower does work. I figure I saved half on the DIY trays enough for me to afford the media. Would be interested to hear from Momotaro what's new with this design and what extra features it offers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Momotaro Bakki Shower-filter-room-april-2007-007.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    So I guess (I'm speculating here) that there is no need for multiple trays as there is enough air through the unit therefore eliminating the need for the air gap between the trays?

Possibly because the water spilling into the tray is pulling the air down with it?
    Or there is enough space that there is no need for additional air?

Has anyone heard the difference in the amount of noise the multiple tray one vs the single huge tray one makes?
    As for the size of the tray, they found that with this dimension they were able to cut cost by using full sheets of Stainless Steel without wasting too much material. As for the not having multiple trays, he didn't mention a difference any advantages either way. For the noise level, it is very noisy at the farm with multiple units running, so I'll find out in a few weeks.

Rob Barreras
    Majestic Koi

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    I redesigned it and had some made at 1/3 scale to "play" with. I use BH filter media . It has been a good unit and over the years I break a piece of media in half and smell it to make sure it's not packinging and souring and it isn't.
    I think for indoor or protected ponds this "couldbe" cooling tower does work. I figure I saved half on the DIY trays enough for me to afford the media. Would be interested to hear from Momotaro what's new with this design and what extra features it offers.
    Hi Dick,

I think this unit works for the larger systems. The benefit he told me was that it can handle much more media than the tray, and also cuts down cost if you were to have multiple trays made as opposed to just having one.

The trays are still being used as well as the new style shower.

What I have noticed is that a lot of people are actually covering up the sides to on the multiple tray units to cut down on splashing, noise and temperature control.

Best regards,

Rob Barreras
    Majestic Koi

water flow

I also forgot to mention that Momotaro did mention that "Bakki" translates as "BREAKING" or "BREAKING OF". The theory behind it is that the water should be forceful onto the media. By not doing so will result in just having TT.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    Hi Dick, this sounds like a good DIY topic for koi magazine. I am really interested in getting a Bakki tower for my pond, but having one of the 'cattle dip' dimension might not bode well with my neighbors.
    Last edited by jnorth; 08-22-2007 at 06:08 AM. Reason: removed advert

Tosai

Nice avatar Chris!

Sorry to steal your thunder, I was excited about it when I saw the pics!

Hi Chris, I like your avatar very much..nice simple showa
    is it yours?
    I bet she had won many championship..

koihaku

Quote Originally Posted by koihaku View Post
    Hi Chris, I like your avatar very much..nice simple showa
    is it yours?
    I bet she had won many championship..

koihaku
    Yeah but it choked on a hotdog and died

Honmei

If that's the case!

Quote Originally Posted by dubtaco View Post
    Yeah but it choked on a hotdog and died

...............then no more hot dogs for you.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast