Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nisei koi farm goshiki

nisei koi farm goshiki

Most of you know by now that I like getting study tosai to learn from. Tho I'm not "finished " with this study, here are a couple of individuals and their progress, that i thought you'd enjoy seeing and hearing about. Mat hand selected these guys for me. The pics are taken today as they near their first year of growth.the GR was 7 1/2 inches upon arrival at the end of may and now 14. The Wagoi was 7 inches then (5/27) and now 12. I kept them at 77 F and feed saki hikari growth. No black is showing on these guys yet, Mat said it would be a few more years yet before it showed. I intend to decrease the heat and growth at the end of this month and line up the temperature gradually with the outside pond. I have 2 asagi's that need to spend the winter inside and I have a kohaku in the mud this year with Mat that will be coming home as well. They were in a 2000 gal pond with a total of 10 tosai. This facility had quite the filtration, air and RO water unit.
    thoughts, comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nisei koi farm goshiki-img_0191.jpg   nisei koi farm goshiki-img_0193.jpg  

Honmei
    Nice Kohaku Dick. Great growth. It will be nice to see the sumi coming in. Do you have any information on the parents?

Dick, I'll hold off for others to comment, but gotta say that gin rin looks awfully nice for a photo! The gold glimmer in the gin is really impressive.

my understanding is that the goshiki are from matsunosuke parents Toshio and Mat selected for breeding. The GR is from his GR kohaku male. Yes, mike
    I've seen one other koi better in the GR dept. Owned by Sharon Olson from nisei koi farm and I believe the same dad. The GR is perfect. Both koi are very nice and I can't quite put into words to discribe the look or build of the GR but that fish "has it" and will be quite impressive as it grows.

Wow...I called this good body confirmation, and both have it. Excellent !!selection. It will be very interesting to see their grow. Please update us in future.

Daihonmei
    Dick, how do you feel about the beni in the pecs? JR

I think they're lovely don't you?

Based on your description I'm assuming the photo is the problem but is the beni weak in the area I circled toward the rear of the dorsal or is that just the photo? Also right in front of the dorsal there appears to be an off color scale or something. Anyway I'm assuming its just the photo so it looks great to me .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nisei koi farm goshiki-img_0193edit.jpg  
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

you been eating carrots again Mr North?

The first scale cicle is where she jumped and knocked a scale loose. The second is where the beni is still coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    The first scale cicle is where she jumped and knocked a scale loose. The second is where the beni is still coming together.
    Interesting . In my pond I'd be concerned about where the beni is coming together. The water in my pond would make it go away instead of come together. I suspect in yours it will come up nicely(knowing that you have low ph soft water) .
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast