Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Add me to your list for Koi (Japan Fall Harvest)

Add me to your list for Koi (Japan Fall Harvest)

I started this tread so others staying home may add their hat into the pile.

Its time, runners to your marks, open up your bank accouts and start praying. Like hundreds others, for those dealers going to Japan this fall to purchase from this years Japan Harvest, mark down my e-mail and send me photo's of your choice show koi (2 years and up). [email protected].

Is this buying invitation also open to hobbyist goin to Japan too?

To be honest with you on this thread it opens you up to alot of BS later, just be careful when you ask for people to shop for you in Japan. The fact you threw out dollar amounts opens a pandora's box of trouble..

instead of going with someone you don't know or never met, may I recommend you to go with pskoi.com or champkoi.com they also have the banner on koi-bito as well. Russ is active on koi-bito so hopefully he reads this thread. good luck in getting your prize fish.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by farne230 View Post

Its time, runners to your marks, open up your bank accouts and start praying. Like hundreds others, for those dealers going to Japan this fall to purchase from this years Japan Harvest, mark down my e-mail and send me photo's of your choice show koi (2 years and up). Best in there class and between $2,000 and $6,000. [email protected].

Jumbo

Its time, runners to your marks, open up your bank accouts and start praying. Like hundreds others, for those dealers going to Japan this fall to purchase from this years Japan Harvest, mark down my e-mail and send me photo's of your choice show koi (2 years and up). Best in there class and between $2,000 and $6,000. [email protected]
    How is your Sakamaki kohaku doing ? Looks like you are looking for more.

stan

Sorry if this thread will cause a problem. I only know of a few folks who go to Japan and purchase koi for folks in the US. I hoped this would bring a few more to my attention.

The Sakamaki kohaku is doing fine. I hope to enter her in the TKFGS show in October.

Here are a few photo's taken last sunday of this 30" Sakamaki kohaku.

Sorry if this thread will cause a problem. I only know of a few folks who go to Japan and purchase koi for folks in the US. I hoped this would bring a few more to my attention.

The Sakamaki kohaku is doing fine. I hope to enter her in the TKFGS show in October.
    I don't think Tony means the thread will cause problems. He is saying to watch out for "unknown" dealers or people that might want to pickup and a $500 koi in Japan and try and sell it to you for 6k since they know your budget. I think your thread is a good idea as the real dealers, and I'm sure you know who they are, now know your budget and that you are shopping around so they need to stay competitive with the pricing but as always......Buyer Beware!
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

It's not the thread that will cause the board a problem is that it might cause you problems. I just hope you haven't open yourself to dishonest people. When you put out dollar amounts in public, the shady one's eyes light up with dollar signs. So be very very wary!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    I don't think Tony means the thread will cause problems. He is saying to watch out for "unknown" dealers or people that might want to pickup and a $500 koi in Japan and try and sell it to you for 6k since they know your budget. I think your thread is a good idea as the real dealers, and I'm sure you know who they are, now know your budget and that you are shopping around so they need to stay competitive with the pricing but as always......Buyer Beware!
    This is the truth, a fish costing $400-$500 can be presented as a $2K or $6K fish very easily if the hobbyist doesn't know what to look for. This hobby might be all sunshine to some, but the fact of reality is this is still a business and a big one at that.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Your absolutley correct. I pulled the dollar amount. If you had to list the folks who regularly visit Japan and know their koi and of course sell to the public, please list their names and companies. I think this is benificial, and of course we will leave out a few.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Your absolutley correct. I pulled the dollar amount. If you had to list the folks who regularly visit Japan and know their koi and of course sell to the public, please list their names and companies. I think this is benificial, and of course we will leave out a few.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    I think Bob, the best thing to do is to hit the email or PM scene. I dont think people would want their names out there, especially if those names are VERY notiable in the hobby...TOO much drama with mentioning names...