Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007

Tony,
    Dinh is too humble. But we all know that he is a good koi keeper. I like Dinh's showa. However Nathan's showa is not even finished. It's still growing by the looks of it. I have a picture of it from last year. It has changed. But we have to see if Nathan's will finish in hte next three years. From what I heard she gonna stay in japan for another 2 or 3 years. It's quite a peat for someone like Dinh to grow and win as the fish is progressing and growing. Hands down Sir Dinh.
    Michael

Honmei

Slow Day

Today we had a very slow relaxed day. Mike and Ed went home and Kari and I decided to drive around Nagaoka a little bit. It is much like driving in any large US city. Most of the streets are one way which tends to create a maze for the unkowing. It was not long before I felt like a rat in a maze. I learned a new Japanese word. It is "baka", it means idiot.
    We decided to stay with Hosokai for the rest of the day and just relax, looking at their Koi. Masao Kato decided to pay the Hosokai's a visit and ended up buying their number one sansai Goshiki and their number one Asagi. It was quite a treat to be there.
    The first picture is Masao Kato with Shoichi, Masaru and Tadashi Hosokai. Shoichi seemed very, very proud to have Katosan buy his Koi. The second picture is Kari and me with Katosan, his wife and Shoichi Hosokai.
    Katosan was very gracious and invited us to his Nogyosai dinner again. Unfortunately we will be in Isawa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-418.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-420.jpg  

Honmei

Katosan's Koi

Here are pictures of Katosans Goshiki and Asagi. The Asagi is about 30 inches and seven years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-421.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-423.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-424.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-425.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-426.jpg  

Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-427.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-428.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-429.jpg  

Honmei
    At about four Masaru received a call from Yagozen saying that it would be alright if we came over. We all hurried over so that we would have some sunlight left to look at Koi. These two pictures are of his greenhouse when we arrived and when we left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-430.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-440.jpg  

Honmei
    Kari and I had never been to Yagozen before so we did not know what to expect. We found some incredible Yamabuki so we had to get a few.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-433.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-434.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-435.jpg  

Honmei
    After we finished going throught the Yamabuki we did not have any real sunlight left. We did get a chance to view his tanks with some larger sansai and yonsai in them, but without any sunlight we decided to stop. Here are a couple of pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-436.jpg   Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007-ojiya-437.jpg  

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    At about four Masaru received a call from Yagozen saying that it would be alright if we came over. We all hurried over so that we would have some sunlight left to look at Koi. These two pictures are of his greenhouse when we arrived and when we left.
    Russ,

Daylight greenhouse picture shows how japanese breeder/farmers have adapted to difficult terrain. Notice the rather large concrete retaining wall between their house and greenhouse. I really like the garden, looks to be very self sufficient.

Beautiful koi as well, your wonderings sure help with understanding how important koi must be, for that greenhouse took time, energy and money to put together. Russ, have you ever talked with your Japanese hosts as to what it costs to produce koi?

Dan

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjols View Post
    Russ,

Daylight greenhouse picture shows how japanese breeder/farmers have adapted to difficult terrain. Notice the rather large concrete retaining wall between their house and greenhouse. I really like the garden, looks to be very self sufficient.

Beautiful koi as well, your wonderings sure help with understanding how important koi must be, for that greenhouse took time, energy and money to put together. Russ, have you ever talked with your Japanese hosts as to what it costs to produce koi?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Would you like to know by the piece or by the pound.LOL

I wonder if they keep track themselves. It would be interesting to know, I know a lot of them make a decent living, but very few are well off.

Russ,

The picture of you, Kari, Katosan, his wife and Shoichi Hosokai. You look as if you shrunk............but I guess that is the beauty of an area with a slope. I bet your hosts like almost being able to be eye level with Jumbosan..........

You have posted some really great koi, thank you very much for taking the extra time and doing this as I full well know the time spent to share!!!

I really am enjoying this trip with you.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrseed View Post
    Russ,

The picture of you, Kari, Katosan, his wife and Shoichi Hosokai. You look as if you shrunk............but I guess that is the beauty of an area with a slope. I bet your hosts like almost being able to be eye level with Jumbosan..........

You have posted some really great koi, thank you very much for taking the extra time and doing this as I full well know the time spent to share!!!

I really am enjoying this trip with you.
    Katosan placed me downhill specifically. He joked that we would then be about the same heigth.

I am glad you are enjoying the trip. Today we are going to Yagenji, Hiroi, Marusada and Sakazume.

Tomorrow we are going to be driving to Isawa rather than taking the train. This should prove rather interesting as I had Miwa program our GPS system on Sunday. For three days now our GDS system has been telling us to go to Isawa but we have been disappointing it at every turn. I have never seen a GPS system work so hard to try to get us somewhere we are not going.LOL
    Tomorrow may not have any Koi pictures, espescially if we some how get lost. It should be fun.
    Last edited by Russell Peters; 10-24-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast