Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ojiya/Isawa Bound PSKoi -Fall Edition 2007

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    The next morning we came down to a new addition to our Koi travels.........
    the PSKoi mobile.
    Very cool! have you considered a house in ojiya?
    The peters abroad
    Last edited by lildude; 10-20-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    ok Russ, so post all pix when you got them.... Other breeders such as SH or Monotaro always sharing their auction fish in advance so we can view and place our bid thru dealers... No wonder why Sakai does not do the same. You know sharing the beauties is a great thing;-)) BTW, say hello to Miwa for Ann. thx

--Dinh
    Hi Dinh,

This auction is not the same as their online auction. It is for their customers that attend the harvest. This is why they do not post any pictures. Agnes said that they had problems with their server and did not have time to prepare for the online auction, so they are putting it off this year.

Miwa says hello.

Honmei
    Quote Originally Posted by Danjols View Post
    Russ,

Thanks for the great pics, wow quality of koi your viewing and taking pics of looks to be better this year than last or do you have a better camera?

Sharon's Sanke, more sumi than last year and still looks great. Your showas are outstanding, should have seen my jaw drop when you say there are even better ones this year. Jumbo-san, Kari will probably feel like she is on a circus ride trying to hold your arm down during auction.

That picture of Sharon, now I'm really worried for she looks totally out of control and with all you koi kichi types suppporting that kind of behavior, well what can I say

Dan
    Hi Dan,
    We all wish you were here. The quality is stunning and Sharon's sanke has changed considerably. She is extremely happy with it.

I am using the same camera this year as last so..............

I failed to find sharon's sanke in the photos

can someone point it out to me

Thanks for the pics, keep them coming.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow View Post
    can someone point it out to me
    Dick,

Page 2 under More Sakia, 2nd row of picks, 3rd & 2nd to last pics

Dan

What a day!!

Oh, my gosh. We had such a fun day today! Russell will be posting pictures soon, but while you are waiting, here is my version...

We started out a Jirosuke to look for some nice kawarimono. We picked up some really cute kigoi and gin rin kigoi with red eys! We were lucky to be able to take our time with the selections. Pics to come...

Then off to Matsunosuke/Yamamatsu for the auction preview. We were careful not to point, and all of us had secret strategies in case one of our friends wanted the same fish...

My friends Sharon & Judy

I didn't know this until after the auction, but Sharon and Judy decided to use a blackmail strategy in case I bid against them for a fish. They had some blackmail info on me and if I started some bidding against them they would simply say "shoes" and know that I would have to back down. I happened to let it slip to Sharon that I spent a wee bit more on some shoes than I had intended to, and that I hadn't told Russell....

Luckily, I didn't bid against them, and Russell will never know about the shoes.
    carpio diem
    my postings are my own thoughts dictated to my husband as he types with two fingers...

I had my own strategy...

One of the bidders in the auction was Matt McCan (sp??). There was simply no way to get him to lower his paddle once he had decided on a fish that he wanted. I spent some time during the last couple of days talking with his parents, who are very funny, nice people. I found out Matt's entire name and planned to use a very scolding motherly voice saying, 'Mathew Andrew McCan!! You should show some respect to those who are older and far more knowledgeable than you!!' Luckily, I didn't have to result to those insidious tactics (and probably wouldn't have made a dent in his resolve.) After the auction was over we all had a good laugh at our various back-up methods of getting what should rightfully be ours.

I won!!

It was so exciting when any of our friends, or when we ourselves won a fish! We hooted and hollered and cheered each other on. It was really fun! I bid on only one fish, a showa (of course), and when I won the fish at an amazingly low prize Russell had to practically hold me down because I was so excited.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast