Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New koi

Purty! You done good... which greenhouse holding tank did they come from?

Quote Originally Posted by l113892 View Post
    Marudo lost all his female parent koi in 2004 so I'm not exactly sure what the make up of his fish are now. I did observe very few of the Sensuke style beni though I did buy a Sanke with persimmon hi. Most were purple based which I am not a fan of.

Picture 1- my nisai grow out sanke
    Pic 2- my son's kohaku- coming home
    Pic 3- Persimmon Sanke for me and Showa for a friend.
    From alot of the pics I saw so far Marudo looks to be having a great year. What are the sizes of the fish Mike?

Nisai- 18 inches; kohaku larger than the showa, in general.

The greenhouse out on the highway near the dry goods warehouse. I don't drive so I don't pay very good attention. We also went to his greenhouse near where his home was destroyed. All that was left was this toilet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New koi-toilet.jpg  

Nice additions -- I especially dig the the second kohaku and gin rin chagoi. And I thought I was the only one who goes overboard when it comes to buying Koi! Looks like you've got some culling to do in the future. Thanks for sharing...

Banned

The greenhouse out on the highway near the dry goods warehouse. I don't drive so I don't pay very good attention. We also went to his greenhouse near where his home was destroyed. All that was left was this toilet.
    Its a japanese style squater!
    Thats funny, I would think they wouldnt have those types in houses.. maybe they do!?

Quote Originally Posted by BobWinkler View Post
    Ooooops! Apparently that was a different thread that I posted the pix of our Shiros on.. here are my crappy pix
    Thanks! I thought I was going crazy for a minute. I like the looks of the female. Do the males both have all black pecs?
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Right... but which pond inside the flat land greenhouse... the one on the left? or toward the right.....

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    Thanks! I thought I was going crazy for a minute. I like the looks of the female. Do the males both have all black pecs?
    The smaller, probable males, have a nice size motoguru on their pecs... I wish the larger one had stronger pec motoguru or black pecs.... They have gotten a bit more sumi completion on their bodies and pecs since this picture in our quarantine....looking at the pix from then to now...even in a week... it seems our new pond may be good for sumi development, course that just may be the change from mud pond to concrete pond too.

I got a couple females from the pond on the left and I got my grow out female from the pond in the middle. Dick Thomas had a 5 year old showa that he'd been growing out for 3 years in the third pond from the left. It came out of the mud pond with some type of cancer or bacterial issue.

Bob

congrats,very beautiful !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234