Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there ever be a 100 tank koi show?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    Maybe if there was an AllCal show. Only area with enough koi hobbiest that show within a day's drive.
    Now that sounds like a plan, and it is fesable to acheive it here in Calif. I can see it now NorCal and SoCal and all in between could meet in the middle, for a really awesome show... Mark Whallen were are you? we have talked about this several times, with the Koi Unit guys. I would love to see this happen.

I would love to see and all CA show.

If you were going to try to host an all Caliofnria show I think the biggest catch would be getting the clubs to participate and colaberate. As that is were you are going to get the majority of you supplies, volunteers, and word of mouth marketing. It could be a very exiting propect if you could get a sufficent level of buy in from the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M. View Post
    Now that sounds like a plan, and it is fesable to acheive it here in Calif. I can see it now NorCal and SoCal and all in between could meet in the middle, for a really awesome show... Mark Whallen were are you? we have talked about this several times, with the Koi Unit guys. I would love to see this happen.

It would be a nice thing to see...I am down and I am sure I can rally some of the troops to help out. It would be the biggest Koi Expo in the North America.

Yeah Nancy,
    We have discussed a koi-unit show at Harris Ranch-about mid-point in the state. It could be a blast but needs lots of support North and South, lots of tanks ( I don't know about 100), and some money to set the hotel, etc. They have a great venue at the hotel there-large parking lots, beautiful pool, and several dining locations. What say you?

There were between 200-300 tanks set up at AJS in Ojiya last weekend. Never did get around to counting all of them and could not find a proper vantage point to take to photo to get all of them into a single shot.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    There were between 200-300 tanks set up at AJS in Ojiya last weekend. Never did get around to counting all of them and could not find a proper vantage point to take to photo to get all of them into a single shot.
    How much are the fees/fish? Perhaps the answer is to raise the per fish charge to $100-$150 so that much of the grunt work can be hired out. And . . have more expensive trophies for Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn swanson View Post
    How much are the fees/fish? Perhaps the answer is to raise the per fish charge to $100-$150 so that much of the grunt work can be hired out. And . . have more expensive trophies for Lee.
    If he shows. He will be very surprised.
    Michael

Tategoi
    Cheap shot

Ray any idea of the staff involved in putting this show together. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere already but what was the entry fee for the show/

Graham

Cheap Shot , I don't think so !

Daihonmei
    The ZNA show is set up by professionals, mostly local shinokai. They are amazing at setup. Then the big trucks bring in the fish collected from individual ponds and breeder facilities. It is a thing to behold. The ZNA members themselves run the show details, entries and of course judging. They also have seminars, and meet and greet meetings for all the members that show up from all over the world.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast