Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe not the Answer?

Nisai

Maybe not the Answer?

I have a fairly extensive investments in the EA product range and run two large Nexus filters, two Airmax air pumps, two Aquamax water pumps, two Easy's and two Answers that I fitted in the settlement chamber. In terms of a monetary investment one can say that it is not insignificant and I would qualify myself as a good EA citizen.

Earlier this year my one Answer's pump packed up. Since then I have had major challenges in getting the pump replaced. I now understand from a couple of folk that their Answer pumps have also packed up and I was wondering if there is perhaps a trend there. I am now looking at decomissioning my other Answer and when the Airmax membranes fails AGAIN, to replace that as well as my local dealer no longer stocks the parts. Would llike to hear from others regarding their Answer experiences.

On the plus side, I would not trade the Nexus and Easy for anything.

Hopefully Bill from Mystickoi.com will chime in as he has extensive knowledge on the EA product line. I'm sure he will ask though as to which Answer models you have. I have a 400 which has a different pump then the 410 so I'm sure it will make a difference. I really like my Airtech air pumps that are also made by EA.
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

MCA
    I have two Nexus with original 410 Answers that have running for around 5years with the Oasis Nautilus 60 water pumps. Never a problem. They are some of the first units brought over by EA to do marketing...way back when.

When I heard Oasis had stopped making those water pumps I purchased spares and put them on the shelf.

I too have had my Answer pumps running for as much as 5 years.

I was told that many folks in England have replaced their Answer pumps by plumbing a line from the discharge side of theie pond pump over to the Answer. Save on electricity.

Would llike to hear from others regarding their Answer experiences.
    Our display pond has a Nexus 3000 (Answer version) running now for two years. Hasn't missed a beat.

As with any mechanical/electrical device, there is going to be a certain number of failures over time. From my experience, however, the pump types used on the Answer are of very high quality, with a very small fractional failure rate relative to numbers in operation.

Since then I have had major challenges in getting the pump replaced.
    Spares are available via EA, and through their dealer networks. Please feel free to contact us should you require assistance. Please note which type of Answer unit and pump you have;

Answer 400 (Oase pump)
    Answer 410 (Oase pump)
    Answer 410 (Cyprio pump)
    Answer 325 (Oase pump)
    Answer 325 (Cyprio pump)

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by l113892 View Post
    I was told that many folks in England have replaced their Answer pumps by plumbing a line from the discharge side of theie pond pump over to the Answer. Save on electricity.
    Please explain, I cannot picture this.

MCA
    Heck If I were to use part of the output of the main water pump...I would do a vms and save half of the cost of parts. Even better...do a sieve.

Flounder-

If you are willing to give up some of the output of your main pump and that pump is not too far from your Answer(mine is about 6 feet over), then you can tee into your pump discharge line with a 3/4 inch line with a valve and run it over to your Answer. The pump on the Answer must be removed and you must provide the hardware to convert the opening to accept the pvc line coming from your mains pump discharge.

Quote Originally Posted by l113892 View Post
    Flounder-

If you are willing to give up some of the output of your main pump and that pump is not too far from your Answer(mine is about 6 feet over), then you can tee into your pump discharge line with a 3/4 inch line with a valve and run it over to your Answer. The pump on the Answer must be removed and you must provide the hardware to convert the opening to accept the pvc line coming from your mains pump discharge.
    OK I get it now, what a great idea.

Do you have any link to doing this?

I guess I've been asked for that twice today. Maybe you can go over to koichat.com and post your request there. It sounds pretty simple to me and I have a Answer off-line that I'm going to play with until I get it working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast